Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog Challenge - Day 20

The meaning behind your blog name


Well this one is easy. I chose the web address because it was easy to tell people & for them to remember. I wish sometimes I could change it, only because of privacy issues...but I'd have to move the site completely and I'd lose my archives. Oh well.


As for the actual "title" of my blog, well that goes without saying as well. You'll find The Black's here on this blog, so it IS the Black spot. Plus I like the way it sounds, like a play on words. An actual spot, meaning location and we're the Black's. Also the black spot, meaning a ink blot, spill, stain or an annoyance that is there forever. Haha, it actually reminds me of the Shakespeare play "Macbeth."  When Lady Macbeth is sleepwalking and she is trying to get rid of a stain that isn't really there. She exclaims, "Out, damned spot. Out I say." Haha I don't know why, but every time I read the title "The Black Spot" that's what I think of. 


If only I had the intelligence to configure the comparative symbolism of both spots.

No comments: