Monday, December 1, 2008

New kitchen for her...maybe new kitchen for me!

If you read my last post, you would know that my stepmom Nancy blew up her oven on turkey day. Now, with a broken over, her and my dad went shopping for a new one on Black Friday...hoping to catch a deal. Well not only did they purchase a new stainless steal oven, they also purchased a matching fridge and dishwasher!! Nancy is getting a whole new kitchen for Christmas! Nancy showed me pictures of the new appliances and we've now noticed everything will be stainless steal but she'll still have a white microwave above her stove...guess that'll have to be replaced as well!!

And since she will be getting rid of her current fridge and dishwasher, Joe and I have put an offer on them. We haven't negotiated a price just yet..(we're not even sure her fridge will fit down our stairs!!!) but Joe and I have the need for an upgrade. For those who don't know, our fridge is ancient!! It came with the house and I'm sure the old lady who lived here before got it as a wedding gift or something, because it's from like the 1950's. Even our stove is old!! But they work, so we've never complained. Even though I've liked the "Retro" feel of our house and the appliances, Joe and I want to re-do our kitchen and a new fridge/dishwasher would be very helpful. We currently don't have a dishwasher!?!?
This is our stove. No one we know is getting rid of one, so we're keeping it for now. :) Only three burners...its awesome.

And our lovely fridge. Our freezer is TINY and can't even fit a bag of ice in it. Oh I can't wait for the bigger one! We can finally go BIG grocery shopping!

Once Nancy gets her new appliances we'll talk pricing. Apparently we love hand-me-downs!! We pay for them of course, but thanks to Dad & Nancy constantly upgrading their home, we've really profited from it. We have their old entertainment center, which fits Joes big screen TV so nicely and over the weekend we picked up their old sound system. Dad just bought a Blue-ray DVD theater in a box! I guess we'll take what we can get. My parents always upgrade before their current objects break, so they're always in good condition. And since we don't care that we have "used" things in our home, what a gain it is for us!! Thanks Dad and Nancy, for constantly making your house better and up to the latest technology! Your kids love the cheap ticket prices you put up. They can't be beat!!!

So yeah for us!! Nancy will get a new kitchen and hopefully, if the price is right, so will we!! Now all we need to do is take out the cabinets and put in new ones. Hey Dad, are you in the mood to completely remodel your kitchen? We'll talk!! :)

2 comments:

Andee said...

Yea for new kitchen appliances!! Hope everything works out for you!

Your kitchen is going to be awesome when it's finished!

Elizabeth R said...

Ok seriously.. you have the best hookups in your family. Your own personal carpenter on one side, and your own personal Sears on the other. Maybe we could trade families for a minute? I could get some good stuff (they like me) and you could smack someone in the face. Good trade I say.