Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hail to the turkey!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We hope this holiday finds you all well and celebrating with loved ones. Joe and I have been celebrating with his dad and mine. We started the day in Magna with his parents, to watch the parade and eat a yummy homemade breakfast. Thanks Bill & Sharon for having us over.

Now we are over at my dad & Nancy's anxiously awaiting the delicious feast. Joe and I missed the fireworks this morning; apparently Nancy's oven caught fire and she had to move all the food prep to her moms for cooking. There was no severe damage to the house and no one was hurt. But dinner @ 3:00 has been pushed back. Its 5 now and I think we'll be eating soon. Not even a fire could keep us from this hefty feast! Nancy and Grandma Shirley are amazing and even with a fire, will still create the best thanksgiving dinner anyone has ever enjoyed. These are tough ladies and I appreciate their dedication.

This has been a low key holiday for us. The rest of my family is out of town camping. I love you Kalie, Andee & Mom!! I miss you guys and your families and I'm sad we are apart this holiday. At least we'll have Christmas together! Be safe and have a good one!!

Love to all!!!! Have a wonderful holiday and remember to give thanks. Appreciate the people around you and the things you normally take for granted. With the way the economy is right now, it has only helped increase my appreciation the life, both Joe and I, lead. We are very fortunate and I will continue to stay positive and grateful.

Be safe everyone and happy turkey day!!!

Love, Erica (and Joe)

No comments: