Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our new addition!

Welcome SIMON!!

We're suckers! Even with Edison's passing, I still find myself addicted to dogs! Knowing that I may have to go through the same thing with Lucas one day, I still couldn't fight the urge to get another one! I've heard from a lot of people that its very common to acquire another pet, shortly after losing one. It definitely makes coping easier! It completely takes your mind off of it, actually! Joe is doing well with the grieving. Simon really takes all of our energy right now. Running after him and jumping when he squats is our only focus it seems!

After only 2 short days I "casually" started looking for puppies via ksl.com. To my surprise there were thousands of dogs listed!!! More were added every minute. I found this cute little guy, the last of his liter, on my first search. Something just kept bringing me back to his picture! He's exactly what I wanted. He's a miniature dachshund, just like my Lucas. However his coloring is different. He's black with "dapple" markings and brown paws. (I didn't know what dapple meant until after I bought him.) It wasn't really the deciding factor! ;)

So here Joe and I are...puppy parents again. We haven't had a puppy for almost 3 years and we've forgotten how complex they are. Chewing EVERYTHING, potty training, whining and that constant need for attention. Guess we weren't really prepared! But you forget all that once you see him. I think he weighs about 2 pounds right now. I've posted a picture with our Lucas (weighing in at around 15 lbs) you can really tell the size difference.

On the right, is a good picture of his coloring. The breeder says these spots will get lighter as he grows. I'm hoping most of the black stays, but who cares!! He's adorable!


I guess we're just dog people. We love them!! Even through the sad times! I can't wait for you all to meet him. He'll melt your heart!

P.S. - THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for your loving words of support. Edison was a joy in our lives and having us in your thoughts, means so much. I'm so glad you all stop by my blog, even in its silliness. You guys are fantastic and really put a smile on my face! (My wonderful aunts, Sharon and Lori - thank you for commenting. Its wonderful to hear from you and I appreciate your kinds words - much love) LOVE YOU ALL!!!

10 comments:

susiefarns said...

Simon is adorable. I want to squeeze him. I love my doggies so much, so I know the love you feel already. Happy potty training!

Amanda said...

HE is sooo cute!! Congrats what a great xmas present!! Have fun with him!! Good luck with the potty training!! =)

Becca and Billy said...

He is super cute!! I love your Christmas pictures by the way!

Reese said...

Cute Cute! Puppies are so fun. Love your xmas pics too!!

Lori S O said...

Adorable! Is just the right word~ Good luck with the puppy stuff. I would suggest a puppy class through PetsMart. Jim and I attended with Bella ~ it was a great help. Love you guys and I can't wait to meet the little one. Hopefully over the Christmas holiday.

Aunt Lori

Rochelle said...

Puppies...so cute...wish they could stay that little! Good luck with all the puppy-ness. Hopefully this brings some healing for you guys!

Elizabeth R said...

He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him. And its good to know if Daniel ever has to go, I can upgrade quickly, without too much hardship.

I'm sorry people, thats just my humor.

Sara said...

He is so cute! He almost makes me want to get one. ;) Have fun with the baby stage, I bet it is hard. But like everything else he will be so worth it. Seriously though he is such a cute puppy!

Shauna said...

ADORABLE!!! Just stopped by to say hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Hanny Banany!!! said...

Let's hope it's easier to potty train Simon than Toby. Toby was a pain, but Toby was irresistable!
Hannah Black