Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Malibu Christmas!

Joe and I finally bought a new car!! Merry Christmas to us!! We've been wanting a new car for so long, but never got around to actually going to a car lot. Joe has been researching cars online and driving by dealerships for the past 2 months; yet nothing ever came of it. Well our friends, Dan & Elizabeth went and purchased a freakin' nice Subaru last week and we got to ride in it this last Tuesday. It was awesome!! Its such a nice car - you can go to her blog - she's got a picture. It had so many buttons and cool features. I had to push every button - literally!!! It annoyed AND distracted her! Anyway, seeing how nice a new car is and how smooth the ride was, got me thinking. And since Joe and I both had today off, we decided to go looking....and we purchased!!! A brand new 2009 Chevy Malibu!! Here's a picture: Ours is called Imperial Blue. Its like a metallic navy blue and it looks black in some light. Its just gorgeous! Neither Joe or I have ever had a new car, so its been very exciting. We have loved our "certified pre-owned" vehicles, but this is MUCH better!!

I am not the cleanest of people, when it comes to my car. (Ask Andee or Kalie - they constantly make fun of me. I'm sorry, my car is my second home. And sense there aren't any shelves or closets, my floor gets a little cluttered.) Now that I have a new, CLEAN car I have promised Joe to keep it looking spotless. Okay, not spotless, but semi-clean. Now eating aloud and I'm going to keep a garbage bag in there at all times. Other than that, I'm sure Joe will take care of washing the car. He's more OCD about that than I am...and since its a dark color, it will need to be washed frequently. So here it is Joe - in writing...sort of... - I'm vowing to take care of this car. No crumbs or garbage. Now makeup messes or clutter. Let's see how well I do! :)

Anyway - just wanted to share the news. We are so excited and thankful to Dan & Elizabeth for kicking off this motivation. Yeah for NEW CARS!!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

I love it! Im so excited for you guys, and I'm so excited you got a BRAND NEW one! Im looking forward to riding in style on our Monday excursions!

Daniel said...

Did you get the one Joe was drooling over last month or was that one gone?