Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Oh the places you'll go..."

Alright, so lets talk about the "Tetter-totter Salon" game. Its the funnest game and all the rage!! Unfortunately you don't win any prizes, but your income decreases, increases, decreases and then increases again...plus you get to confuse everyone you know! You get to meet new people and say goodbye to others and you get to enter each situation, like time was never lost! Its amazing. Now, I'm sure you are asking yourself, "where do I sign up to play this fun game?" Well the answer there is - you can't...this game is MY LIFE!!!

So starting from the beginning, you all know I switched salons back in July. Trying something new and possibly a better opportunity. Well you may not know...because believe it or not, I didn't blog about it...I moved back to my old salon in West Jordan. I switched back at the beginning on November. As awesome as the new salon in Riverton was, I just wasn't making money. They were good weeks and bad weeks, but the "cons" from that salon made life difficult and caused issues at home. Well, I thought long and hard and decided West Jordan was the moneymaker choice and I headed back. My WJ co-worker, who I love, Aaron is now managing that store and he is great to work for. Its been nice being back - I'm working in my old station and with some of the same people. Its like I'm part of a Twilight Zone episode...its like I never left. Kinda strange.

Alright, now fast forward 4 weeks and that'll bring us to December 3rd. Out of no where my area supervisor called to inform me that my manager at Riverton had put in her 2 weeks notice and she wanted me to apply for the position. No interview necessary, just saying yes got me the job; now I start training for management on January 2nd!! YES, I'm going BACK to RIVERTON!!! See where the Teeter-totter game comes in! My clients are so freakin' confused! Every time I see one, I let them know I'm headed back to Riverton and they just laugh. Most of them are cool with it, because its a promotion and they're happy for me...but some are still torn. I lost a lot of my clients when I moved in the first place and since coming back to West Jordan, I've gotten a few back. Now some realize how silly it was for them not to follow me - they've had some bad cuts/colors since I've been gone - and now they actually want to come with me this time. Others are still not convinced. I guess its just too far. We'll see how things go!

But YEAH ME!! I'm going to be managing a salon! I'm pumped! I'll still be doing hair, but I will now have other responsibilities. Hiring/firing - eek, training, ordering, scheduling etc... I even have to "recruit." Its going to beauty schools and putting on an hour presentation about our salons. Its so scary to think of me doing that in front of strangers, but I know it works. That's how I got signed on to work for this chain in the first place. They did a presentation on my last day of school! It was fate!!!

Anyway, sorry this blog is crazy and all over the place. But I just wanted to inform you all that I'm headed back to Riverton...I'm sure some of you didn't know I left in the first place!! hee hee

Thanks for stickin' with me!

6 comments:

Aubrie said...

ur so cute erica. congrats on the promotion!

Andee said...

You know that I'm excited for you right? Even though I laughed when you told me?

LOVE YOU!

chandra said...

Congrats! You know that I would follow you anywhere, right?! Even to Southern Utah (hint, hint) I need you in my life - my hair just isn't the same. Well technically it is cause I would rather go months without cut and color than go somewhere else. I hope to be in touch soon! Miss you for reason other than hair but mostly hair! Just Kidding - Dee

Arti said...

Congrats on the promotion Erica. And good luck with the titter totter life. :)

KALIE said...

We're all really proud of you! This promotion is well deserved and a long time in coming! You're gonna do so great. I can't wait to see you in action running the place.
Love you!

ciara said...

I know i missed you this week in WJ -- let's be honest I should have known the week of christmas I would never make it. So a new years resolution I will come get my hair done closer to regularly, in Riverton or wherever you may go. Congrats on management, you will do GREAT!