Monday, January 5, 2009

Yeah for 2009!

I'm so excited for this new year! I'm not sure, exactly, why...its just another year. But the beginning of the year is always a fresh start and the beginning of new experiences. I just love that!

We brought in the new year with a bang. And I mean a bang from the Rockband drums!! :) We had plans for new years with some friends, but at the last minute - literally - 70% of our friends bailed. LAME!! So instead of going to Geoff's parents house to party it up, we had him over for some killer Rockband!! We had a lot of fun - playing all the way up to 3:30AM!!! In fact we almost missed midnight. We were in the middle of a song set and finished right when the clock struck 12:00. We hurried and switch the TV to cable to watch the ball drop, but we missed it and only saw the people in NYC celebrating. Bummer. But it was a kick butt song set and totally worth it! We're pathetic!!!!


Now the holidays are over and we're back in to the swing of things. I started my new position as manager, on Friday the 2nd. Its been really cool so far. I've only worked 2 days and was crazy busy re-organizing things. I see so much potential in that salon and I hope everything goes smoothly. Yeah right! ;)


Happy New Year to all!! We're pumped up for all the great things that 2009 has in store for us. Like Andee said last night, "we bought a house in 2008; what could happen in 2009 to top that?" Good question...but I'm anxious!!

4 comments:

Andee said...

New Years was a blast! Thanks for letting me hang out! I'm also excited to see what 2009 brings!

(Hopefully tree blossoms! :P)

KALIE said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun...thanks for the invite! =) But you're totally right, 2009 will be an awesome year especially if I have my sweet sisters around. Love you!

Aubrie said...

Happy New Year Erica!

Chandy Colton said...

Sounds like you had a great new years and an awesome 2008, my 2008 kind of sucked, although I did get my baby girl in June, that was about the only good thing in 2008, ha ha I am hoping that 2009 is better!

How are you, I havent talked to you in FOREVER! it would be great to hear from you!
chandycolt@msn.com