Sunday, October 19, 2008

10-19-05 -- Happy 3 years!!

Today Joe and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! I can't believe we've been married for 3 years already. We had a weekend planned to celebrate, but decided to spend our money elsewhere. Joe needed new tires for his car and I needed a new phone...okay I didn't NEED a new phone, I just wanted one. Those were the gifts we decided to get each other. So cheers to 4 new tires on the Nova for Joe and a Treo 800 for Erica! What great gifts and they're much better than a $200/night room & a $100 dinner. We more materialistic people I guess. I'd rather have a phone that works than a bed & breakfast stay where we'll sleep...most of the time and Joe would rather have safe tires on his precious "Destiny" than a 18oz steak that will probably make him sick the next day. That's us!! :)

Actually Joe and I have been together for 7 years today. We share our wedding anniversary with our very first date! He asked me to hang out with his friends and I timidly said yes, 7 years ago!! He took me to a yuppy-pizza place downtown called Stoneground. I got to meet "The Gang." (where I was the only girl present...talk about an awkward first date) It was kind of like meeting his parents for the first time. We were young and his friends opinion of me was something I cared about. Apparently I made a good impression because 3 weeks later he asked me to be his girlfriend! Yeah me! And the rest is history.

We had a good weekend, last night we went out to dinner with our roommates, Andee & Kelly. We went to our FAVORITE restaurant Bonsai and had steak, chicken and sushi! Nothing compares to Bonsai food! Then we came home and sat around a fire in our backyard and laughed our way into exhaustion.

Bonsai helped us celebrate with ice cream and this "take-home-photo" of our group

Now today, being our actual anniversary, I've probably spent about 30 minutes with Joe. Him and Kelly have been chopping down a tree ALL day...Andee is going to blog about that later. And now here I am; online ordering pizza and blogging. Ahhh the bliss of love and celebrating our commitment to each other. I guess we celebrate in our own ordinary way!

Well I'm off to get pizza! Happy Anniversary Joe! I'm so happy we found each other so long ago. We've been through a lot together and I can't wait for all the adventures we still have to come. You are a wonderful husband and the best friend I could ever ask for. You are constantly making me laugh and help me enjoy the most out of life. I know it sounds cliche, but you really do make me a better person. You keep me sane - anyone who can do that, must be a godsend. I love you truly and deeply. Happy 3 years!

7 comments:

chandra said...

Congrats you 2! Time sure flies when you are having fun doesn't it?! I miss you both - love, Dee

Andee said...

Congrats Again!

Thanks for celebrating it with Kelly and I at Bonsai! I can't tell you how happy I was when you said you wanted to go! Also, thanks for hanging out with us on your 'actual' anniversary.. Pizza was nice.

Love you!

Andee said...

I love how we are ALL red in the photo!

Andee said...

I know I know I know.. another comment.. But I just wanted to apologize for Kelly and his wandering hand! :)

KALIE said...

Wow...I totally spaced your anniversary! So I'm a lousy sister, I get it. Even Joe sent us a text message on our anniversary and I can't even match that. LAME! I think you and Joe are SO great together, congrats on your 3rd anniversary. I'm so glad he takes such good care of you and vice vera!

Amanda said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a good day!

ciara said...

Congrats on 3 & 7 years, I think that's fun that you can always celebrate both dates. I'm with you much rather spend the money on necessities, a phone. I already have a place to sleep ;)