Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Bunco

Our family has created our own Bunco group. We have a party every other month and we each take turns hosting it. This month was my brother Carl's turn. Of course with it being October, they wanted to make it a Halloween theme - complete with costumes. Not only were there Bunco prizes (as always) but there was a special prize for best costume. We had a fun night with our family and of course we all walked away winners...except for my brother Chad. He's always a loser! :) Here are some photo's of all the costumes.

Andee & Kelly's costume...a little R-rated, but they were a ball sack
Kalie & Jesse were gansters!
Chad & Amanda were a gangster with his flapper
My mom & Kelly were Fred & Wilma - complete with bowling ball!!
Carl & Amanda were Lil' Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf
And we were the Farmer & his Wife. Joe made the frame and I made the apron. We had everything else! Look at the comparison. I think we did pretty good!!


We had such a great time and Carl & Amanda were wonderful hosts. We had bread bowls, halloween pasta salad and Monkey brains for dessert. It was a lot of fun! Plus Joe and I WON BEST COSTUME!! I mainly think it was because of Joe's dedication. He shaved his head just for this party. What a great receeding hairline! Thanks for the trophy guys, its up on our entertainment center for all to see! We had a great time!!!

And here is us...with our trophy!!

8 comments:

Andee said...

So much fun! Yea, we're a little disappointed we didn't go home with that AWESOME trophy, but you guys did deserve it more! C'mon, Joe's hair.. Priceless!

P.S. You winning means you will just have to help me with our December Bunco! :)

Reese said...

Okay, your costume is freakin' awesome!! My mom and I were cracking up!! It's such a perfect replica!! Glad you are doing well. Congrats, too, on the wedding anniversary! Miss you guys...

KALIE said...

VERY Cool! Thanks for posting the pics...I can't believe I didn't bring my camera! You and Joe totally deserved the best costume award, you were the best ever! Except I noticed a minuscule detail you missed...Joe's not wearing glasses! How did you miss that? Oh well, you looked awesome anyway!

Amanda said...

LOL I love your costumes!! That is great! Looks like you guys had a fun time!! =)

Elizabeth R said...

You are so hilarious. I love it! It turned out perfectly!

chandra said...

Love your guys' costume! how could you not win! miss you

Chad said...

Wait just a freakin minute if I remember correctly I WON MOST BUNCOS. So you may have spent way to much time and energy on your costume but I walked away with the GRAND PRIZE. So was Joe's haircut on purpose, I am a little worried about you cutting the hair of innocent Walmart shoppers. I hope none of your clients read this!! :)

ciara said...

I love all of your costumes and you did deserve that trophy for Joe to have sacrificed his hair :)You have a great family it's always a party!!