Monday, November 2, 2009

Ahh....vacation!!!

Most people who read this are also reading my facebook...so it may sound repetitive...sorry.

I just have to say how much I love Disneyland and California. I am currently sitting on our Newport Coast resort balcony, surrounded by a cloud of mist thinking about the awesome day I just had in Disneyland.

We arrived in California yesterday morning. I'm traveling with Joe, my 2 sisters, their husbands and 1 little nephew. The trip started out awful and frustrating. We booked our flights back in the wonderful days of summer and apparently the flight departure time had changed and the email alert was over looked. In normal preparation, we arrived at the airport an hour and 10 minutes before what we thought was the correct time. ****Thank you to my Dad & Nancy for taking us all and sparing us the Park-n-Jet fee. They got up before 5:30am!!!**** Once we checked in, we were told that our 8:10 flight had changed to 11:30!! Well since our ride had left and we were already there, we decided to just hang out by our terminal for 4 hours. (Luckily we did score some breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience - gee thanks!)

We finally arrived in California around 12:30 (Pacific Time). And not only did we go back an hour with the time zone, we just HAD to fly out on the day of daylight savings. What frustration! We all thought our cell phones would automatically change - but when a few of ours didn't, we ended up being WAY ahead of schedule. We did some grocery shopping before checking in to the resort and needless to say we realized we were an hour off after the shopping...so we had to sit out in the heat, with groceries melting in the car, while we waiting for our room to get ready. Seriously, the best 1st day ever! ;) All we did was wait - wait for the plane, wait for the rental car, wait for the room....errrr.....

However the day did redeem itself when we opened the door to our 2 bedroom villa. We had an OCEAN VIEW ROOM!!! (pics to come) Oh my gosh this place is beautiful. Andee was in charge of Sunday dinner, so we all ate on the balcony and watched the sun set over the ocean. All our aggravation and stress from the hours earlier, had disappeared.

To top off the "actual" start to our vacation, we got to sleep in this morning and spent the entire day at Disneyland in 85 degree weather. No lines, good attitudes, slight breeze and a happy 3 year old. Disneyland really is the happiest place on earth.

We are here the rest of the week. Flying home late Friday night - our flight for that night also changed, but luckily we got a call yesterday afternoon reminding us. Thank you Jet Blue. We are doing a lounge day tomorrow. Maybe hit the beach, wax museum or just hang out at the resort pool. Then its Disneyland Wed, Thurs & Fri.

So far we're all getting along, even though we're sharing a villa and a van - plus we are all experiencing Disneyland as a group. Andee & I aren't fighting - yay!! (well we still have 4 more days....) But its been exciting and I just love it here. I could never live here, but it makes for a primo vacation spot. (Or I'm sorry Kalie, a PRY-MO vacation spot!)

This blog turned out longer than I expected, but thanks for reading. I've got a new phone right before the trip and I have EASY access to facebook, so I'm sure I'm annoying almost everyone already!!!

I can't wait to add photos. Cheers to 2 wonderful days and 4 unexpected ones to come.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It sounds awesome!! I am looking forward to the nice weather. Hopefully we can meet up Thursday or Friday..see you in Cali!!