Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Thanksgiving...

Turkey day has come and gone. Oh my heck did we have some good food! It was a wonderful day, spent with wonderful people.

As I posted before, I'm grateful for many things in this life. I'm blessed every single day. I was able to spend today with my family and I know there are some who weren't as lucky. I feel so bad for anyone working retail today. Or any "emergency" type positions as well. Our neighbors had a visit from Roter Rooter plumbing....bummer. There really are so many people who were unable to be with their families today and I feel for them. How hard must it be to work on a holiday that should be filled with visiting and eating with family? I honestly try to NOT make them work; by getting all my grocery shopping done the day before. Getting last minute odds and ends at Wal-Mart at 11pm last night. However, I had to make a run to the gas station for ice today. Thank you Holiday Oil for being open!! And we all ended up seeing a movie today - bless all the employees at The District - it was PACKED and I'm sure it had been all day long! I tried to avoid it, but something always comes up. Thank you to anyone and everyone that had to work today and sacrifice their time with family and loved ones. I was thinking of you today.

I hope everyone was able to take a moment and reflect on what's most important today - and to realize just how much we should all be thankful for.

I know I am blessed. I never take any of this for granted. Thank you to all - I love you!!!

No comments: