Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It finally arrived!!!

I ordered this kick-butt cake pan well over a month ago. We held a party for Kalie's 30th birthday and I wanted to make a cake, just for her - from scratch!! But I wanted to find a really different pan to bake it in and make it just that much more unique. Enter www.bigtopcupcake.com! I saw this on The View and I knew in a second it would be a great idea!

The party was on Oct 23rd, so I ordered it around the 1st, so it would arrive on time........well it didn't. 3 days before the party I checked my bank account and there wasn't even a transaction for it. Of course I assumed the order didn't go through correctly and I was s.o.l. on making something creative. I opted for purchasing a cake instead - red velvet - her favorite. It went over well, but I was still bummed.

Well here is, over a month later. I was looking at my bank account online and on the 12th of November, sure enough, a charge went through from the website. Gee, like its useful now!!!

I received the package today with the intent on just shipping it back and getting a refund. But then I remembered what drew me to the product in the first place. Then I got all excited again and decided tonight was the night to back my Big Top Cupcake. Silly to pick today, of all days. (Joe's grandpa passed away last night, so we're kinda in mourning.) But what better way to cheer us up!

I ran to the store for some eggs and I baked it all by myself - ok, not from scratch. I wasn't feeling as ambitious as I was for Kalie's party. Plus, this cake is just for me and Joe. He doesn't care if it comes from a box!! ;)

Here are a few pictures. The pan comes with an insert, so you can "fill" it with something. I decided to fill it will banana creme pudding. It turned out amazing and I just can't stop smiling!!

Sorry I couldn't make this for you Kalie. I really tried. Maybe I'll surprise you with a random cake day!! But enjoy the pictures and know this creative idea came from the heart. I LOVE YOU!

Don't you just love when something so simple can turn your attitude completely around? This just made the day. YAY!!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Seriously impressive! You are channeling your inner Martha Stewart....Go Erica! :-)

Heather said...

So...I also saw this on the view and wondered why someone would need a jinormous cupcake. But then i saw it at Walgreens and I bought it! We love it. It is so much fun. I'm glad you didn't ship it back!

susiefarns said...

What a cute idea.