Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kalie is 30!!


Today is Kalie's birthday. My older sister, my friend and my example.

Having an older sister is awesome...now. When we were kids...not so much. I never did anything as good as Kalie did. Kalie could do it, but I couldn't. She always got the bigger room, she had that beautiful, long blonde hair. She was smarter, faster and she always got first pick.

But as time has passed, so have all those petty reasons to despise my older sister. She is now one of my best friends. She is an amazing mother and a great example for me and my future. I feel like Jay Leno when I'm around her. She laughs at everything!!! Plus she comes to ME for fashion advice, party planning ideas, just to talk and get support. We talk, pretty much, everyday. I am so lucky to have my older sister.

She has always been there for me. Sharing in every wonderful experience. I know she's a quick call or text away any time I need to talk. I really couldn't ask for a better sister.


If you were to tell me, like 20 years ago, that we'd be such good friends...I would have laughed and stuck my tongue out at you.

Happy 30th Birthday Kalie. I love you so much and the last 10 years have been amazing. We've grown so close and now that Andee is shaping in to such an amazing adult, I can only look forward to our future together as best friends.

Couldn't be luckier.

3 comments:

KALIE said...

Wow I had no idea you felt this way. Our childhood feels like such a lie. I LOVE YOU so much! You know it. I love being your older sister.

Andee said...

I was mentioned! YES!! Love you!

P.S. I love the end picture.. we should print them out, frame 'em.. yea?

Amanda said...

I loved this post. You are all so lucky to have each other. Sisters are the best, everyone should have atleast one.