Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today is a great day of remembrance and recognition.  Of all the people in our lives or the ones fighting for our freedom. Not only the ones that have passed on, but the ones that still affect our lives each day.

Joe and I have met some incredible people throughout our adulthood.  So many friends and family that support us and help make us the people we are today.  This wonderful memorial day is about celebrating them.  Thank you to everyone.  That includes you, the one reading my blog. My thoughts, hopes, desires and silly rants. It includes each person we talk to on a daily basis. The friends and family we don't get the chance to see all the time. We feel so very blessed to have you in our lives.

We also want to recognize the people we have lost. My dear grandma that passed away in March. I loved her so much and she really did have an effect on my adulthood for sure.  She was an amazing woman and I feel so bad she had such a rough time over these last few years. I know you are happy where you are grandma - I love you!  Keep on square dancin'!!

Also our friend John. Its been a year and 3 months since he left our lives. Joe has dealt with this sadness and has started the healing process.  It was hard to lose such a wonderful, outgoing friend.  We went to the Salt Lake cemetery this afternoon. What a beautiful day it turned out to be.  His headstone was there; we hadn't seen it before. We sat and talked about good times we had and all our poker nights.  We also talked about the exciting things that have happened to us, that unfortunately John has missed out on.  A part of Joe left with John.  But things have been really good for us and we were lucky we got to share in John's short life.

So many headstones and graves at the Salt Lake cemetery. Its huge! Many families and visitors there this afternoon.  Its sad to have people leave our lives so soon.  But they are needed elsewhere. Today I am also thinking of all the people I know who have lost someone.  I hope today was a celebration for them as you are to us everyday.

We love you all.  Thank you for reading and make sure you tell that special person you love them, every single day.  Embrace your family and friends and don't ever take ANY moment for granted!!

2 comments:

Ciara said...

I love that you remembered the people that are having an effect on your life, today. Not just the ones that once did and that you have such wonderful memories of. I hope you enjoyed your BBQ's and visiting with family and friends. love ya

KALIE said...

Aww that was such a sweet post. And a very fitting tribute. You're such a softie. And I'm totally sincere with that! Thanks for letting us throw a BBQ together last minute. We had a blast with you guys just like always. Even with the half hour of bacon jokes, and you making a bed for yourself on my living room floor. You know you could have drawn a bath too!