Saturday, May 2, 2009

Blogs 1, 2 & 3!!

So much to blog about. The past couple of weeks have been jam packed with lots of fun and activities. I'm going to do this blog in 3 different sections, just so I can divide attention where its most needed.  Keep reading...so many things to say and so many pictures!!!   Here goes....

Blog #1 - My birthday present
I asked for a jewelry armoire for my birthday. I have an obsession with jewelry and my old box was over-flowing with necklaces and earrings. Well my loving family got it for me and I spent  maybe an hour & 1/2 organizing and separating everything. Here is a few pictures of my piles and the armoire.
Yes...it was A LOT of fun organizing everything.  I must have a little OCD in me somewhere!! Thank you to my wonderful family for the contributions to my obsessive collection.  Not only did I get this armoire for my birthday, I also got some new jewelry as well!!!  (plus I ordered some Lia Sophia for me...I have empty drawers that need filling!!!!)  As you read in my last post, my 27th was really a day to remember.  I have such wonderful family and friends.  Thank you all for helping making that day so special for me.

Blog #2 - Hairstylist Appreciation Day
April 30th
I have the best clients ever!  Especially my sisters!!!  Kalie was the first one to tell me about this day, a couple of years ago.  Now we celebrate it every year!!  I got a lot of text messages and facebook emails from my friends, family and some clients!  It feels good to be appreciated!!  All the long hours of me standing on my feet and having to deal with real picky people....who am I kidding...I LOVE IT!!  Every day is a new adventure and I truly love doing hair.  Getting the chance to be creative 40 hours a week is just so much fun.  Whether it is a haircut, a color, perm or just styling, its all fantastic!!

Thank you to all my clients (and my sisters) for letting me run wild with my imagination and testing my creativity to the limits.  I love you all!!

Andee and Kalie (along with their spouses) sent me flowers.  Look how gorgeous they are!!!!  I'm so lucky.  Thank you guys!!!

Blog #3 - Spring Fling Bunco!
I've posted about our family Bunco nights before and here is another night worth blogging about. Unfortunately with our family circumstances in March, we were unable to get together; so we haven't had Bunco night since January!  This May it was my turn to host and I chose to have a "Spring Fling Bunco." Of course I got the idea from the high school dance and I just ran with ideas.  My friend Elizabeth helped me make [cheesy and large] corsages and boutonnieres.
Then we took couple pictures in front of my homemade backdrop!!  Stars and all!!!

Chad & Amanda

Kelly & Andee

Joe and I with our homemade shirts!

Kelly & Karla - They pretended the invitation said "spring clean" instead of "spring fling." We all got a good laugh at that!!  So clever...

Jesse & Kalie...keeping it G-rated.

Elizabeth & Daniel...a little PG (they were our substitutes since my brother Carl had to cancel last minute.)  You guys were real troopers!  Thank you!!!

The girls!

It was such a fun night.  All the prizes were couple related and for dessert they guys made sundaes to share with their dates.  Congrats to Kelly & Karla for winning Most Buncos.  (Sorry Elizabeth...you tried your hardest.  I'm thinking it just wasn't in the cards...err dice...for you to win that coveted prize.  Maybe next time!)

**Okay, that's all my blogging for now.  Thanks for reading all the way to the end.  Even if you did just look at the pictures!!!

6 comments:

Miss Meghann said...

LOOK AT YOUR BACKDROP! You are TOO MUCH! I love it!!! And I love you! Enchilada night- it's gonna happen! I love you in all of your creativity! :)

Colten and Megan said...

Looks like fun! Hey I got Randi's new address linked right this time. Her old one expired and I didn't even now she had a new address. I just thought she never blogs (and she doesn't very much but it's there I promise).

KALIE said...

Your blog looks great, nice work! I love the photos from Spring Fling Bunco. Man we had a riot. I think it was the best Bunco party in a long time! Thanks for putting so much time and effort into making it special! I love ya!

Amanda said...

Thank you for a fun Bunco night!! You are very creative and both Chad and I had a blast. Our kids couldn't figure out what we used the corsage and boutonnier for. It was fun, thanks again!

Andee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andee said...

Since you decided to blog post in sections, I will do the same in my comment.

#1 Birthday Present: I'm so glad that you were able to get what you wanted! You needed that thing b/c you really do have a jewelry obsession. But you've also helped me to accesorize and I LOVE you for it!!

#2 Happy Hairstylist Appreciation Day Again! You really deserve the best! You are the reason we have such a good looking family! Thanks for being patient with most of all me and adding a little "RED" to my hair. (not the color red, you red. just in case you didn't get that!)

#3 Here is to one of the funnest bunco nights we've had!! Loved the idea and all of your decorations! Polaroid camera? We should invest in one!

Also LOVE the new header and all of the fun pictures!! LOVE YOU!