Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol

Oh my gosh was tonight so much fun?  I'm a newbie to the American Idol excitement; I started watching religiously towards the end of last season.  I was so excited when Murray's own Archecutie was getting closer and closer to the finals!!  I made it a point to watch this season in its entirety!

I'm definitely a watcher, not a voter.  I let the rest of America chose my idol.  I DVR both shows during the week and indulge myself every now and then.  I even catch a few of my favorite songs (i.e. Heartless, Mad World and any song by Danny Gokey) on the American Idol website.

This year, as the same with last year, I really didn't care who won the show. I mean if they are really talented and popular, they'll become famous either way. Look at Clay Aiken, Katherine McPhee, Chris Daughtry and David Archecutie! There was SO MUCH talent this year. I couldn't believe how good everyone actually was.  There have been some re-airs that I've seen that just make me giggle.  I can't believe some of those previous contestants actually made it to the top 12. (Like Kristie Lee Cook last year....uhh!!) This year I was a fan of Alexis, bummer she went home so early and Megan Joy...however she never picked the right song. I mean come on, Rockin' Robin??? Oy!  She should have embraced Norah Jones or Corine Bailey Rae.  But my huge favorite was the Gokester!!  Danny Gokey and his sexy, raspy voice was just killer.  He gave me goosebumps!  I was hoping that sometime during the season he would pick a song by Bryan Adams...but Anoop beat him to it and say 'Everything I Do'.  Danny would've killed that song.  Of course I was bummed out when he didn't make the final 2, but Adam and Kris are both so amazing...it was hard to see anyone go home.

However, I must say I'm glad to see Kris Allen win.  I honestly thought Adam would take the title by a long-shot. But if you think about it, Adam is a HUGE entertainer and no matter were he fell in the competition, he'll make it big. Broadway, rock concerts, super-bowls...he'll make it. Kris was the underdog and I think if he didn't get the title of American Idol, he wouldn't have done much.  He needed that recognition to boost that career.  I'm excited to see what he has in store.

I was blown away with the finale this year.  A bevy of rock gods and famous artists showed up...(plugs in tow!!)  I loved the Black Eye Peas, Cyndi Lauper and Keith Urban.  I almost died when my Gokey was singing 'Hello' by Lionel Ritchie. Are you kidding? That was FABULOUS!!! However it rocked my world to see KISS on stage again in all their glory...and outfits!!  Did you see it??  Spandex, makeup and the platform shoes!  It was a time warp and so freakin' amazing!! Then to top the night off, Kris and Adam sang with QUEEN!!  My all time favorite group was there jamming to 'We Are the Champions'.  Who isn't more amazing then Queen??  RIP Freddie Mercury.  

The show tonight just altered my entire universe. Music is just so uplifting and exciting. It always puts me in a good mood anyway.  Plus to see someone come from nothing and then 13 or so weeks later, are up on that stage singing with some greats like Rod Stewart, Queen Latifah, Santana and Lionel Ritchie!!  You gotta be kidding me!!

Well congrats to Kris Allen for becoming the next American Idol. I'm so excited to hear all the singles that come from those fantastic contestants.  I might have to buy tickets to the American Idol tour.  Anyone selling 'em?  I'll pay top dollar!!! ;)

Thanks for reading my rant.  Yay American Idol!!!  Next up...So You Think You Can Dance!!!


6 comments:

Andee said...

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE TONIGHT!!! Super excited! Can you please DVR it? My T.V. still isn't working and I'm watching the boy!!

KALIE said...

Lame, Lame, Lame. That's all I can say. I don't know what is up with you kids and your American Idol. But I'm glad you like the show and felt compelled to blog about the resulting winner cuz NO ONE is talking about that today. WOW, I'm a snot!

Miss Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Meghann said...

I'm so sorry- this website is being really weird and it's messing up your comments! You'll have to delete the multiples. BUT... Adam and KISS... Pretty much made my whole month... Scratch that- YEAR! Ahhh I was screaming like a little fan girl- mom and I were in hysterics. I wrote more about us and that performance in my latest blog- it was so great!! It's pretty much gonna carry me throught this week of depression. ;) Did you hear that Queen gave Adam the offer of fronting Queen? I don't think he'll do it, but what an honor! WOW!