Monday, May 11, 2009

Lost Cards - if found please notify ASAP!

Last week I spent hours making these beautiful cards...and now they are gone. Gone!!  I have absolutely no idea where I would have put them.  Its been over a week since they went M.I.A. and I'm still racking my brain.

They were such lovely cards.  Two of them were for Andee & Kalie (and spouses), thanking them for showing me love and appreciation on that day for hairstylists.  I know I already expressed my gratefulness in person, but who doesn't love getting a card in the mail?  Especially a cute, homemade one.  I already blogged about how wonderful my sisters are and put up pictures of the flowers they sent me.  But a personal note was needed and now they are lost.

I also made a card for my youngest sister Jessica.  A congratulatory card letting her know how excited I am that she made Vice President of the Charlonian Drill Team for next year; her last year.  I know she is so happy and overjoyed with this news and I so desperately wanted her to be surprised when she went to the mail box and found a note of love from her older sister.  Yeah, that card is also missing.

All the hours spent on these cards.  They all had a theme too - I bought this pretty ribbon at Michaels and I couldn't wait to find a special purpose for it. Each card was made different, but with the same card stock papers.  All in bright springy colors.  And each of them were made with love.  A love that is now lost with these cards.

I have searched EVERY WHERE!!!  Not in my scrap booking/card making room. Not in any of my various drawers with junk piling up.  Not hidden under my couches or mistakenly thrown away. Also not in my car, purse, night stand or closet. NO WHERE!!!

The joys of receiving a card in the mail whether it be thanking or congratulating are gone.  I'm sure I could make up a quick secondary card and re-send it, but has too much time passed?  Do these girls know how much I love and appreciate them? Does my baby sister know how stoked I am for her last year the drill team?  I'm sure they do.  But that extra effort won't be noticed.

Those dang cards!!!  Where could they have possibly gone???  Joe's been helping me search.  I even had Andee going through my piles of chaos.  Its so strange that they have completely disappeared.

Well Andee and Kalie,
I'm so sorry to have lost those elaborate, homemade cards.  You guys are such wonderful sisters and a huge support in my career!!  Thank you for putting up with me and giving me the chance to grow as a stylist. You have both referred SO MANY people to me...I'm thinking you're my best business.  Your love and support means the world to me.  Its exciting to see YOU get excited to sit in my chair and let me work some magic.  Its awesome to play around with ideas and make masterpieces.  And even with your silly husbands "growing" out their hair, they give me the opportunity to do something new.  Whether its waxing eyebrows or his neck or coming in for that good ol' scalp massage; I always feel accomplished.  Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me and my career.  Love Erica

Now Jessica,
I can't begin to express how pumped up I am for next year.  As sad as it is, that it'll be your final year as a Charlonian, I know it will be the best.  Any competition, showcase or sporting event that I can attend, you know I'll be there as your biggest supporter.  You have always been so talented and graceful and I know each girl on your team considers you a good friend. I'm more than sure that is why Chandra asked you to be Co-Captain/Vice President for next year.  I have the utmost confidence that you will prove to her you deserve that title.  Whether its counting down before a dance, organizing a fundraiser, cutting music or having dad take all the photos....you have always been a natural leader, organizer and friend. Good luck this summer and next year as you prepare to go out with a bang. You know I'll be there to watch.  I'm so very proud of you.  Good luck babe - RED

These are just quick re dos for my loved ones.  They deserve so much more, but apparently my brain is over flowing and forgetting details that shouldn't have been overlooked.  I love you girls and if I ever find those blasted cards, I'll still pass them along.  

DANG CARDS!!! I feel so flustered and frustrated.  How could something so important be forgotten?

2 comments:

KALIE said...

Aww...but this was better than a card cause everyone got to read about how wonderful I am. Thats SO much better!
I really hope you find them, if not to mail them but for your own sanity. Nothing makes me more batty than when I lose something and can't find it. But they will turn up. Kinda like the sippy cup did just outta no where. YOU'RE SO SWEET! I LOVE YOU!

Andee said...

I'm not going to lie.. I'm a little bummed out about the cards! Especially after you telling me how cute they were! But this was great too! Like Kalie said, how could a post about how great we are be wrong?! :)

Thank you for making me look gorgeous, not just with my hair but with helping me shop and accesorize! You've really helped me with my confidence!!

I LOVE YOU!!!