Monday, November 24, 2008

My voice

Andee, Kalie and Elizabeth have all posted about Twilight. Its been 4 days since we went to the opening night showing and I couldn't decided whether or not I was going to dedicate an entire blog entry to this movie. Most of you have read the other girls reviews and mine falls somewhere in between. So, I'm not going to waste time writing about it.

I'm just going to say it was worth seeing once...(not twice...sorry Andee, it sucked) I'm sure if they continue to make movies based on the book, I'll go see them as well. But I doubt I'll own it and I doubt I'll read up on movies "in the works." It was a silly adaptation...however I did enjoy parts of it.

See it least once, just so you can see what the hype was about. But be careful who you bring it up in conversation with. I have now learned that I can't express my opinion with clients at work. It has become similar to politics. A no-no in my profession. People get heated...either way. Whether they hate it vs. like it...or Edward fan vs. Jacob. It can be a blood bath.

2 1/2 stars from me. If my voice matters.

2 comments:

Andee said...

Of course your voice matters!

I've found that I can't bring it up anywhere, especially work. I'm alone in my obsession and I can deal with that.

It was a lot of fun going to the midnight showing.. the laughs and the energy drinks! :)

ciara said...

I'm glad to hear an opinion of someone who didn't love the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet probably the only female who hasn't and I didn't really love the books and movies are always worse so I'm putting it off maybe when it comes out on DVD I'll see it. No rush.
There is a need to rush a GNO I'd love to help make curtains you let me know when, I'm game for whenever. Plus I'd love to see Nelda's old place