Monday, February 2, 2009

Sleepover!!


I convinced Kalie & Jesse to let little Jesse sleep over last night. They were at our house for the Super Bowl. We recorded the game because I was working until 6:30, so we were about an hour & 1/2 behind live TV. Then we watched The Office afterwards - so funny by they way!!! Before we knew it, it was almost 10pm! Kalie would just be returning to my house to drop lil Jess off at 8am the next morning, so it only made sense! After debating PJ's and pull-ups, I finally conviced them. Joe made a quick run to the store for over-night supplies...and Jesse & I got ready for our SLEEPOVER!!! I pulled out our sleeping bags, cleared the front room floor and put in "An Extremely Goofy Movie" - one of our faves! I wanted popcorn...but we ate so much during the football game, there was no room left for movie snacks.

Jesse was a little excited about the sleeping bags and making forts with them, so it took a little while for things to calm down at our place. After convincing him it was bedtime, we tucked ourselves in and starting singing...oh my gosh, cutest thing ever! We sang, Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's and the Barney "I love you" song. He just melts my heart!! He knows all the words and every letter. It was a "proud aunt" moment. Joe got sick, so he slept in our bed...wimp!

We slept in until 9am!! It was wonderful! I made breakfast and we watched old Donald Duck cartoons. It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day outside, so we ate Wendy's and took a little walk. Jumped in puddles and played with garbage in the parking lot...yeah, sorry Kalie! We took my dogs down the street for a little run and annoyed the kids that live down the street. Apparently I'm not a good influence! ;)

Unfortunately Joe couldn't play with us, being sick in bed all day. But I took care of him when I could. Sprite, soda crackers and some yummy tea from Beans & Brews...you know, the works. Joe and Jesse are napping as we speak. Now I'm doing laundry and blogging. It has turned out to be a really nice day. Starting with one of the best sleep overs I've ever had!

Thanks Kalie and Jesse for letting me keep lil Jess over night...and getting into a little mischief!! I love this little guy.

5 comments:

Miss Meghann said...

Erica! What a cute post! What a FUN NIGHT! He is a doll- You're a lucky auntie!! :)

Andee said...

I love the pictures! Seeing his smile makes me so happy!! Sorry Joe wasn't feeling well! We have the CUTEST nephew!!

Krista said...

Oh Erica you are a natural just think how fun it would be if you had one of those sleeping over EVERY night with you :) I'm sure you and Joe would make very cute kids!

KALIE said...

Ok the post was super cute til you got to the playing with garbage part. Are you kidding me? Garbage? I'm so glad you guys had fun. You know he loves Aunt Erica's house alot. You've got all the best movies. Thanks for taking such good care of him and loving his as much as you do!

Hanny Banany!!! said...

I wish I could have that much fun in 2 days! It is TOO unfair. You need to invite our family to your house! This is Hannah just incase you think I'm some alien from Mars. =P