Saturday, February 28, 2009

My bubble distraction

I just love our friends. We hung out with our friends tonight and I had so much fun. Life can be full of negative things & sad situations, but having good friends is the great remedy. Some of you know that my grandma Verna has become very ill and doesn't have much longer. It has been a little tough on me; I was very close to her when I was in high school. Having that situation overwhelming me with emotions, I've been a complete mess. Work has been a little bit of a distraction, but unfortunately not much of an escape. Slow times at work leave me alone with my thoughts. And one of my co-workers is also going through a similar situation that is constantly being discussed.

However tonight I was able to escape my worries and fears of the unknown. Joe and I met up with some friends for dinner and a movie. A spontaneous date night that turned out chaotic, but a lot fun!! We talked and laughed at dinner for so long, we missed our movie time. Instead of ending the evening early, we headed to the local Wal-Mart to by some random games that we could take home to play. We ended up playing in Wal-Mart for quite some time. Purchasing "Catch Phrase" and a "Planet Earth" DVD trivia game. Plus these bubble wands that blew huge bubbles!! It was 35 degrees outside and we blew bubbles in the store parking lot for 45 minutes!!! Oh the silliness and laughter!!! My friend Alex had brought along his camera & video camera, so we were able to document this adventure! Here are a few random shots of us and our bubbles!
After our hands had frozen from spilled soapy water, we finished up our bubble making adventure and headed to Alex & Haliee's house for games. Of course we stopped by a gas station for cheap sugary treats and soda pop!! Nothing like more sugar to our already hyper persona's!! We played Catch Phrase for a really long time, even making up our own rules. Now here it is, 1:50am and we're still hanging out. I'm blogging with Alex and in Joe & Haliee are trying to play the Planet Earth DVD trivia game. It seems really hard. Bah, I'd rather blog!!! :)

It has just been such a fun evening and it really took my mind off of all the overwhelming, emotional crap. I'm going to see my grandma in the morning...or should I say 8 hours from now. I'm sure it'll be hard, but I'll have my sisters there and my mom. I have to say my goodbyes sometime. Of course I'll blog more when things progress...but I just wanted to blog about how happy my friends make me. It so nice to have an escape, a release...a more positive atmostphere. It has helped me a lot over the past few days and I'm very grateful. Thank you Alex and Haliee for inviting us out and keeping me distracted. You are wonderful people.

And thank you to everyone else, who has been aware of our family's sad future. Your thoughts and prayers mean so much. I love you all and appreciate the positive attitudes surrounding me. We are very blessed to be around such amazing people.

5 comments:

Miss Meghann said...

We had matching blogs until I changed mine last night! How cool are we? :) Sounds like you guys had so much fun!!! Spontaneous fun is always the BEST!! I miss you lots! Lets get together soon.
OH- and Baby Mine by Alison Krauss is one of my FAVORITES! I love that you have it on your blog :)

Andee said...

You guys looked like you had so much fun!! The bubbles look excellent!

KALIE said...

Wow that's lucky of you to have such great friends to help keep your mind occupied during this difficult time. I'm here for you if you need me too...just let me know. I love you a lot. I just might try blowing bubbles next time I'm feeling blue. That looked awesome.

Lori S O said...

What a fun evening - I love spontaneity! Sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll include you and your family in my prayers.

Erica - I always love your music on your blog - Thxs

Elizabeth R said...

I'm so sorry about your Grandma, my friend. I'm glad you had a good night with friends to get your mind off of things. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!