Sunday, September 7, 2008

We're home!

As most of you know, the move is final. We have our new house!! Its been so great and we are already enjoying the space. I got a call from my step-dad the other day and he asked me what I was doing and I said "just chillin' in the garage." He said, "Wow, sounds like a good place to chill." And I replied with, "I've never had one before and I'm enjoying every minute of it!" So, I'm a dork...what's new?

We've bought a rambler with a finished basement, complete with a kitchenette. Joe and I have taken over the downstairs, while Andee and Kelly dwell in the floor above. So far everything has been great; lots of upgrading and decorating. Andee has already started taking down wallpaper in her kitchen and repainting. I'm not there yet. I want to get settled in a little more and take time deciding what I want to do. I don't want to have to redo it in a year or so, so I hope to make the right choice. I want to repaint our family room, bedroom and kitchen, but they are all covered in old 70's wallpaper and seeing what Andee is going through right now, I'm not sure I'm ready for that task!! I guess we'll see.

We've had a few mishaps since we've owned the house. All happening in one day actually!! First, Kelly was de-weeding the backyard and accidentally dug too far in the ground and broke a sprinkler pipe, flooding the west side of the house. Then, I broke the blinds in our room trying to close the window, to keep the water from pouring into our room. Plus, Joe and I couldn't get our couch into our family room, because the doorway was too narrow, so I had my stepdad Kelly come over and widen it for us. So he basically cut up our walls and there was sheet-rock everywhere! All within 2 hours of each other! Oh the joys of owning a home! We love it though!!!!

Our backyard is amazing. Its so wonderful having a place outside, where we can just hang out and still have privacy. We had a dinky patio in our apartment, but it was next to a walkway that led to a very crowded parking lot, so there was constant foot traffic. NO PRIVACY! Plus our 2 dogs are loving the space to run around. They are both outside dogs now and we've only had a few instances of whining and rashes on Lucas. (He's allergic to pollen and some kinds of grass...actually very common and since his belly is so low to the ground, he rashes very easily. Hives sometimes.) But we got him a medication and have a rash spray that has kept him a happy dog.

Its been an awesome experience and I want to thank our family and friends that helped us pack up and move. Who likes to move boxes up and down stairs? No one, but there were so many people who came to help us out and we are very grateful. You guys are the best!!! THANK YOU!!

We plan on having sort of a house warming party. No gifts necessary, we just want to show everyone the house. Of course we want to wait until we are completely rid of boxes and some of the major projects are done.

I actually love being home now. Before, we were always trying to find a reason to get out; movies, dinner, family events. But now we just enjoying "being" at home. Keeping things cleaned and organized has been our goal since we moved in and I'm noticing I have more motivation to do it! I just wanted everyone to know how happy we are in our new home and so far living with Andee and Kelly has been awesome. We've had a few dinners together and enjoy each others company, but its nice to have our seperate space to be alone. They are great roommates and are doing incredible things to make our house look freaking awesome!

Thanks everyone again for helping us move and for all the support! Yay!!, we are homeowners and the boxes are almost gone!!! Anyone need 245 cardboard boxes of all shapes and sizes??? Okay, there wasn't 245, but I'm sure to everyone that helped us move, it seemed like it!!! :)

5 comments:

Camille said...

Yay! We're so excited for you guys! Sounds like you're getting moved in and settled quickly! We want to come see it sometime in the next few months so keep us posted on the house warming party! :)

Chandy Colton said...

CONGRATS on your new house! Sounds like you guys are loving it. Post pictures when you get a chance, I would love to see it. You will LOVE having your own house and privacy, it is FUN!

Reese said...

Pics pics pics...where are they!!?? I've been bugging Andee, but I think maybe it's your turn to be bugged. We the blog viewers are demanding to see where you all live now!!

Andee said...

yea for the house!!

J and K Sabey said...

Congrats on the new house! Sounds like it is rockin like 1999 (sorry I couldn't come up with anything else to say). So, when can Kwynn and I move in? I got dibs on the spot in between you and Joe in your bed!