Monday, August 25, 2008

Boxes, boxes and more boxes


We are closing on the house this week. The exact date has yet to be determined. (Either Thursday or Friday) Whatever the day may be - we are moving this weekend!! I can't believe its finally here. Joe slowly started packing over a week ago...and we are still packing this week!?! I can't believe how much stuff we have. I am literally up to my knees in boxes and there are still more to come.

We've decided to pack EVERYTHING, even clothes and dishes. We are using plastic ware in the kitchen and living out of a suitcase in the bedroom & bathroom. The big moving day is Saturday and I have to work in the morning, so I'm counting on my husband, roommates and my family to move everything for me. Therefore, it all needs to be neat and organized for easy pack-up. We are piling everything up in our front 2 rooms and now we can't even walk through there very well! Plus, we still have this computer and the desk surrounding it to pack up! I think that will be Joe's project this evening, so I may not be blogging or checking my blog until the computer is set up in the new place.

I'm just so worn out; tired of boxing things up and taping everything closed. Its never ending!!! Joe and I will be keeping our apartment until the end of October, so there are some things that don't need to be moved RIGHT away. But if we have the man power and the trucks for hauling, we might as well take advantage of it. I'm just done with it?!? I can't take it anymore...all the stuff left, can we just throw it away, so I don't have to pack it?! Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for the house and our new living situation. I just wish we were already there, living. This week just needs to be over!?!?

I'm a basket case this week guys. Looking around this room and seeing all the "miscellaneous" things that I need to find a box for, just kills me. Guess we'll see if I can make it through. Wish me luck!

BTW, Andee and Kelly started packing on Friday and were done yesterday. Do-gooders!! Do I really want to move in with people who are "too" organized & motivated. I spit at you! I'm drowning in chaos and they're kickin' back relaxin'. How have you not accumulated as much s*** as we have?!!?

4 comments:

chandra said...

You never fail to make me laugh Erica! Take this advise from someone who has moved waaaayyyy toooo much in her 5 years of marriage: throw it all in boxes it's all going to the same place and trust me unpacking is just another chore in it's self! At first it may sound fun but NO it gets old after 3 or more days! THROW IT ALL IN BOXES! How do you think Andee and Kelly packed so fast?! TRULY?! love and miss ya. way excited for you, Joe, Andee, and Kelly.

Andee said...

Maybe you have a "pack rat problem, Verna!" Just kidding I love you!

TRUST ME! Kelly and I have so much stuff that still needs to be packed, we are actually lazy. There you have it! No, most of the stuff that's left can't fit into a box.

I can't wait for this weekend! I'm done with stressing about this!

Love you Roomie!

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J said...

Congratulations guys!! How fun (except for the packing)! Don't forget to take lots of pics so we can see the house!

KALIE said...

Yikes, Hearing you describe the box packing makes me feel as if I moved every single one of those fringing boxes. Oh wait...I did! And we only broke three glass bowls!!
We're SO HAPPY for you guys and very excited to see how you put it together. Congratulations!!