Saturday, September 13, 2008

The "slump" is outta here!


My business if finally picking up, since moving to the new salon. It's been a rough couple of months and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I moved to a newer/slower salon - hoping to take all my clients with me and bring in some business. However 50% of my once faithful clients have deserted me. I'm sure there are a lot of reasons for it, gas prices being one of them. But I was hoping my skills would be worth the extra 5 mintue drive. I do have a few loyal clients that will follow me anywhere and I try to pay extra special attention them!!

I'm pulling myself out of this "slump" that I've been in since the salon-switch. Things are picking up and I have found new clients that have started coming back to me. That's always reassuring. So good-bye old clients and hello new & exciting faces! Plus, this new salon is SO MUCH better than the old place. No drama, flexible hours and a boss that really cares. I couldn't be happier...and now that money is starting to come in, my smile couldn't be bigger.

My thanks really goes out to Joe. For working late nights and some weekends to help pick up my slacking wages. Getting into a house can be quite a struggle financially and he has helped make it possible. I just love him so much. He is so amazingly perfect for me and treats me so well. I know I take him for granted sometimes, especially with my hot-headed temper. But I truly appreciate everything he has done for me and continues to do. And he's put up with my "work slump" and all my anxiety...I couldn't ask for more!

The light is shining through and I'm making money again. (Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself!)

I LOVE ALL OF MY LOYAL CLIENTS/FRIENDS. SOME OF YOU ARE READING THIS - THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT! ~ Much love!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

I am proud of you for sticking it out yo be in a better place! I am about to jump into my own big slump and its stressful.. youre the best though so soon you will be as busy as ever. Love ya!

Andee said...

It's been so nice to have you work the day shifts so we can do stuff together during the week! You are doing such a great job and I know you'll just keep doing better!

I love you!

KALIE said...

So where is my "thank you?" Last time I checked I was sending you clients right and left! Ok, only one of them has actually come, but she brought her daughter too! It's easy to reccomend you when YOU ARE THE BEST!! Love you!

Laurie said...

I love that you are close! I will be coming to see you soon...I HATE MY HAIR!! :)

Miss Meghann said...

Hey you! I do have a blog! And I'm glad you do too! I need to come see you for a hairdo soon... It's been like almost 3 months... Gross! Haha! I added your blog so I can watch all your cute posts! Love you!
Meghann