Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kitchen remodel (update.1)

Here are some current photos of our kitchen remodel. I thought the process would go much slower, but we've accomplished so much in just a week. You can see "before" photos here.


Our Kitchen as of 3/12/11

Sheet rock removed off all walls except one. We found a hidden window...weird.


Took a wall out for the new kitchen entrance under the stairs. Now it opens up in to our family room.


The air ducting will need to be replaced.


This picture is taken from the family room into the kitchen. I'm so excited! We're going to keep it as a walk way & use the space under the stairs as a pantry!


We found that all of the walls have this 'brick' texture. We plan to sheet rock all the wall again after framing...except this wall. (the wall that is still papered & this space in the new walkway.) The texture is very decorative!!

NOW
Here is our kitchen as of today, 3/19/11

Sheet rock is now off ALL walls and the ceiling was ripped out.


We had the air ducting fixed yesterday 3/18/11. Its hard to tell, but its now closer to the wall & ceiling. It was just pushed up and over. Now we'll have higher ceilings and the dropped part of the ceiling won't got out into the room as far as before.


This is my new laundry room!!!! The framing is up all throughout the space now. So you can definitely see the 2 rooms and how big they'll be. We're still going to knock a little bit of the "stair wall" down to make the opening to the laundry room more wide. Then plumbing is on Tuesday and wiring next weekend I believe.


This is me standing in the kitchen. The big fridge is still in there and was in my way to get a good picture.


See! So much progress!! Its exciting! However, it is still hard eating out of my 2nd bedroom...and now my washer & dryer are sitting in the middle of my family room. Oh well, its just temporary. I have to keep telling myself that. Stay tuned for more updates!!

4 comments:

Andee said...

Pantry under the stairs! I didn't know and that is SUCH a clever idea! More space for the kitchen! Love the progress!!!

Rochelle said...

Wow you have done a ton in such a short amount of time! Love the exposed brick!

Richins Family said...

thanks for the sweet comment! remodeling is soooo much fun! haha i'm kidding, but the results are so worth it :)

Cody said...

New widow... BONUS! You guys are so ambitious good luck, I would loan you my husband if we didn't have a million projects on our own old house!
-Kim