Monday, April 20, 2009

My Birthday!!

Oh wow, its been a crazy, fun-filled day! I can't believe the day is coming to a close. My friend Elizabeth spent the whole day with me. Plus Andee & Kalie took the day off to hang with me as well. It was a huge celebration!! Watch the slide show - its got some great photos from today.

The day started off with pedicures!! Elizabeth and I went to "Lovely Nails" and got a wonderful massage and cute new toenails! More than sure I don't want to wear closed toed shoes...ever again! Then we went to our favorite store...ROSS! We bought a few things...plus new flip flops for me. Don't know what I was thinking, but I ended up putting on 2 different black flip flops this morning. I had to buy new ones, I was so embarrassed!!! Then we met up with my favorite ladies at Chili's for lunch. (Little Jesse included) My mom took little Jesse after lunch and the rest of us girls headed to our favorite tattoo parlor!! We booked out our favorite artist for the whole afternoon and took advantage of the situation!

The girls let me go first. I had drawn a little design after seeing Heidi Klum's tattoo of her husband's name. The idea inspired me to tattoo "Joe" on me. Most people disagree with the idea, but I love it!!! Andee went next, getting the word "promise" on her wrist. Both of our first tattoos took like a minute to do. So next Andee's friend Kelli went. She met up with us; wanting to see what it was like and decided to get one herself! Then Kalie was up. We altered her idea a little bit...I gave it some Erica flair! After Kalie we had some time to kill, while Jesse's sketch was being drawn, so I decided to get another one! After all it is my birthday! I talked about some designs with our artist and we chose a four leaf clover. I let our guy give it his flair and I'm completely satisfied with his work!

Jesse's was the biggest piece; lots of detail that took a lot of time. We all had fun just hanging out. Joking around and watching X-Men II and some George Carlin stand-up. I think we were there a total of 5 hours. We had such a great time though. Our guy had appointment after Jesse, so we all left and went to dinner. Andee really wanted a 2nd go around, but we ran out of time. While we were at dinner, Andee got a call from the tattoo place and was told the appointment cancelled...so we hurried up with dinner and ran back over for Andee's 2nd addition.

You'll have to look at all the pictures. Our "ink" turned out awesome and I'm excited to see them all healed up. It was a fabulous birthday and I enjoyed every minute of it. Especially because I was surrounded by my loved ones. Elizabeth resisted temptation and didn't get a tattoo herself, but I'll be waiting until the day she makes her decision. I know some of you aren't big tattoo people...but I guess we are! We had a lot of fun and it will definitely be a memorable birthday.

Now here I sit, with my wonderfully, understanding [tattoo free] husband. He came to dinner with us and then we had RANDOM DISNEY MOVIE night!! We bought, The Incredibles and Cool Runnings. Good times!! What a wonderful day....have I said that enough???

Thank you everyone for your texts and birthday wishes. Thank you Elizabeth, Andee, Kalie, Jesse, Kelli and Joe for making this such a memorable day. You guys are the greatest

5 comments:

Andee said...

I LOVE YOU!! I feel like I have a bad sunburn on both of my wrists! :)

Thanks again for allowing me and my friend Kelli to be part of your special day! We'll (especially Kelli) remember it forever!

KALIE said...

Tattoo remorse, are you kidding? I just wish it still didn't hurt so bad! But man it was SO much fun! Thanks for letting us spend this special day with you. It was a lot of fun.
I love you!

Jessica Downward said...

im sorry... you got two?/.... when were you going to tell me that?... k hope you had a good time. they're cute.

Ciara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I can't believe you added 2 to that collection. Have you thought about how many tats you'll have if you do this every year for your birthday? I love Joe's name and glad you pointed it out cuz I had no clue until told.
Being married to that family of yours I can't believe that Joe's still a virgin :) Will we see pictures of his soon?

Elizabeth R said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of your day! You know I love you.. and your tattoo collection! Everyone's turned out awesome.. and invite me when you go get your flames! :)