Saturday, March 21, 2009

Reality check...check...check it out!

Alright - back to real life. The exhausting first 2 1/2 weeks of March of are over and April is around the corner. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes April will bring good news, not bad. Here's hoping!!

California was the best medicine. We had 8 wonderful days in sunny California. Of course, we traveled with a LARGE party, but I would have it no other way. Only a few mishaps and arguments but for the most part, all 17 of us, got along real well. I don't think, in the 14 years my Dad & Nancy have been married, have all us sisters spent 24 hours a day with each other for a whole week straight. Plus now we have spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends and kids. I was very proud of how well we all coped with the bevy of opinions and personalities. Props definitely go to my Dad & Nancy for taking us on this awesome venture and for organizing it so well. We all had our space and voices, and they handled it will open minds and A LOT of understanding.

Now that our "sweet" vacation has come to an end and I've already headed back to work, we are dealing with reality. Kalie is doing really well and starting to move on. She'll head back to work this next week and she has projects lined up to keep her busy. My mom is coming to terms with the loss of her mother. Work is slow for her and Kelly, so she is alone with her thoughts a lot...but time will heal. She is putting all her focus on us and helping us with various projects. Even while we were out of town!! Her and Kelly made shelves and installed them in 2 of Andee's closets!!

I'm handing my emotions a lot better now. I was going through so much, the stress was just overwhelming. I kept forgetting things, like leaving my cell phone at home almost everyday, or forgetting to charge it. I was messing up the schedule and my work...bless my stylists and their patience. Plus I went on a spending spree. I shopped a little too much before our trip and in a short amount of time. (Bless Joe and HIS patience....oh, and his wallet!!!)

However, I see a slow coming April in my future. My 27th birthday is crawling closer and closer...dang it. Plus I've got a lot of things going on at work to help keep my mind busy. Meetings, training classes and hiring 2 new people! That'll be nice!!

Thanks again for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I have good memories about my grandma's funeral that will always bring a smile to my face. I learned so much about her life AND I got the opportunity to make her look beautiful. (My mom now believes my calling in life is to do hair and make-up for the deceased. She's passing out my business cards to mortuaries and one of them actually called, looking for me, while I was out of town. I'm not sure how I feel about that line of work....we'll see.) Remember Jamie Lee Curtis in My Girl...that could be me... :}

Real life....I'm back!!!

2 comments:

KALIE said...

Oh Yuck. Nothing worse than meeting reality again. I hate it when I bump into reality. She's such a b*^tch. :) I love you alot. Thanks for having so much fun with us...you guys totally made the trip worth it.

Krista said...

What a fun vacation for all of you! I bet that was something to look forward to after Grandma's funeral and the loss of Kalie and Jesse's baby. Please send Kalie our love. I just wanted to say again how wonderful you did reading Grandma's eulogy - that was one of my favorite parts.