Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The lion and the lamb...maybe??

Well...its been one incredile week. I can't really express all the emotions I've been through since the start of March...and it's only the 10th. (Right Ciara?) I want to thank all my family and friends for all their well wishes, thoughts and prayers. My family has been on a roller coaster and I'm thinking the ride is just about over.

Most of you know my grandma passed away last week. Its been okay though, she is in a better place. I was asked to read her eulogy at both her Riverton and Enterprise funerals. Of course there were a lot of tears and some word fumbles, but I think I did okay. I'm so honored my mom, aunts and my uncle asked me to read the history of my grandma. I actually learned a lot about her. It was really good to see the entire Peck side of my family. (Only 2 cousins and my sister missing.) Too bad it had to be around this sad time, but none the less it was really good to visit and catch up.

I spent the weekend in Enterprise and I just have to say how much I love that place. I lived there for a short time with my grandma and I always felt at home and welcome in that small town. I was able to see some of my old friends and remember good times. Every time I visit that place, I never want to leave. Its such a peaceful place and its perfect to be my grandmothers final resting place.

Also, some of you know the hardship my sister Kalie is going through. She lost her baby after only 15 short weeks of pregnancy. Its definitely been tough on her and the entire family. I have to call her everyday and check up. It has to be just devistating for her and I can't imagine the emotional pain she is dealing with.

However, on a good positive note, this depressing March has brought upon us...CALIFORNIA!! My dad and Nancy are treating us all to a week long vacation is sunny California. Stopping in Disneyland, Universal Studios, Venice Beach and Sea World. We're going for my sister Jessica, Drill National Competition in Anaheim. We'll be supporting her through an entire day of dancing....9am-11pm on Saturday....but well worth it. We're wishing her every bit of luck in this exhausting day of dance.

So even with the sad things that brought in this terrible month of March, I'm hoping it will only get better from here. I'm starting to think we shouldn't travel in the month of March from now on. This time last March, we were planning a weekend trip in Vegas and found the weekend before to be quite devistating. It was the weekend Joe's friend, John, killed himself. Yeah, that year anniversary is March 16th. We should just not plan outings in March...aparently we're jinx's. Maybe...

Well, let's pray March came in like a lion and will go out like a lamb...I'm hoping that phrase will bring truth to my family. I don't think we could take anymore bad news. Cross your fingers.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. We have so many great people in our lives to help us through these tough trials. I love you all and appreciate all you do!!

4 comments:

Reuben and Laura Evans said...

We really had a lot fun with you guys! You are so much fun to be around! I hope that we can get together more often!

Chandy Colton said...

Erica,

I am so sorry for all of these hardtimes you have had to go through latley, I hope and pray that it gets better for you. Loosing someone is so hard and please tell your sister her and her family our in our prayers, loosing a baby that early is so hard. Your entire family is in our prayers I hope the coming up days and months bring you guys happiness.

Have fun in Cali. That sounds like a fun trip and will be good for you to get away!

Ciara said...

in like a lion out like a lamb is how it better be!! I knew you would be great at speaking in front of everyone.
I feel terrible for Kalie, I wish her the best of luck. 15 weeks is hard she must have thought she was past that point.
Go enjoy sunny California and everything will be better when you get back and maybe plan the next trip in February :)

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh, I now hate March too! A girl I know overdosed about an hour ago, and right before she did she wrote on people's walls on facebook and told them how cute and funny they are. She then deleted her account and... well...