Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sick in June

That's right, its been freakin' 90 degrees outside all week long and I've been in bed sick!! It started Monday night 6/16 and here it is Saturday night 6/21 and I'm still using my humidifier. Luckily I had Monday and Tuesday off of work. Wednesday was my first day back and I could barely talk. My throat was so dry and sore I started losing my voice. Then Thursday came. I was up all night, not able to breathe without pain and I had to be to work by 9am. Joe forced me to go to the doctor. It seems - without fail - that every time I get sick, I "wait" on making a doctors appointment, because I'm a baby and hate the doctor. Then when I finally realize I "need" antibiotics its the weekend and I can't go 'til Monday. Joe hates this. Because he has to listen to me whine all week about being sick and miserable and then its too late to go to the doctor. I would have to go to the emergency room or insta-care which costs more money. Oh the joys of living with me.

Anyway, Joe made me an appointment on Thursday, had to leave work early and everything. Turns out I have Laryngitis. Oh so much fun, a viral infection that antibiotics can't help. The doc told me not to talk - yeah right - and breathe with my nose, not my mouth. The two things I just can't do!!!!! I'm a talkaholic mouth breather. Needless to say, I was out of work half of Thursday and all of Friday. Missing out on one of the busiest days at my salon. Damn virus!!! Who coughed on me???

I went back to work today, thank heavens. Today is my moneymaker day and I couldn't miss it. It turned out to be a good day, money wise. So that made up for my misery the past couple of days. But I have been doing good at breathing through my nose. Its like a whole other world. Lots of smells I've been missing out on! The not-talking thing...yeah not so much. It worked for me Thrusday night and Friday, but hello?!?!? I do hair for a living. I'm pretty much a counselor, confidant and friend first and then hairdresser second. Now I'm home getting ready for bed and my throat is killing me. I've got this ugly, scratchy man voice going on right now. Sooo sexy. Hopefully I will shake this crappy laryngitis bologna by the end of the weekend. We'll see.

I want to give a shout out to my best buddy Chandra. Today is her birthday and her sick, stupid friend Erica forgot to call her. I'm sorry!!! I was so concerned about work today, it completely slipped my mind. Then once I remembered, I was afraid it was too late to call you, so I sent a text. Then you called me back and my phone busted....yeah that's a whole other blog. I promise we'll talk soon - or I'll see you when you come up to SLC again.

Man I hate being sick.

1 comment:

chandra said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out! Sorry to hear you have been so sick, that's crappy. I'll try to get in touch with you soon. I'll be in town on the 2nd of July till the 6th. We will ahve to get together! Miss ya love ya - Dee