Monday, June 16, 2008

Excitement...or lack thereof.

I haven't blogged in awhile. Not since Andee's wedding day. I guess I feel like nothing in my life can top the excitement of that day. It was a great day and I had a lot of fun. Andee looked beautiful, Kelly was handsome and the day was gorgeous. Beautiful, sunny weather!!! And it was good to see all the familiar faces!! Visiting is what I'm best at!

So lets see, whats going on in my life. Joe finally got his "big screen." For those of you who don't know, Joe and I have been fighting about getting a larger TV, for over a year now. Our fights are pretty funny sometimes, but this one was awful. We just couldn't compromise on anything. Finally, after a night of searching for a new couch, we stumbled across a "killer" deal on a new 50" flat screen. Couldn't pass it up, so we now own a big screen, AND I even bought a new couch/love seat set. We've manipulated our current entertainment center to fit this new TV, so we pretty much have a completely new living room. It's awesome. And for those who have seen it, can agree that it looks much better. Now the fight over electronics is over and we're both happy. Finally a compromise!!!!

I'm also switching salons - its a big deal! I've been unhappy with my current salon and people working in it. No goals, potential to get better or any work ethic whatsoever. So I have put in for a transfer to the new one in Riverton. Still the same chain salon "Smart Style," but now on 134th South and Bangeter Highway. I start there on July 1st. Its a new salon - only been open about 2 months. The manager there is awesome; I've met her and talked with her many times on the phone and couldn't be more pleased. She has so many goals and what seems like A LOT of determination to achieve said goals. Its the exact type of person I want to work for. I'm VERY excited for a change and something different. I've been in Jordan Landing for over 2 years and its time to move on. Plus, this will be a good view of which clients will follow me. So if I were to ever leave the chain all together or start up my own place, I'll know who is the most loyal. It will be a difficult first few months, with the adjusting and trying to let ALL of my clients know, but its going to be worth it. Plus I have the most understanding husband in the world, and he is willing to work overtime to help keep our income stable. Thank you Joe!!

Well, there is some excitement going on in my life...I think. Lots of changes and upgrades! Of course with the new job, our summer "trips" have been cancelled. I just don't know how many days I can afford to take off. Especially since I won't be making a lot of money over the next month-or-so. I know Joe is disappointed about not going to our family cabin-trip to Pine Valley next month. And I've decided not to attend the "Girls Las Vegas" trip in July either. A little sad, but I know we'll make up for it next summer. Sorry family - we won't be with you on the family vacations this year.

However, I know my mom is having a family reunion with her side of the family at the first of August, that we'll be making and I've a wedding (yeah Becca!!) at the end of July to look forward too. Plus Joe and I will be hitting 7 years together (3 married) this fall. We haven't ever done anything "big" for our anniversaries...maybe this year we can plan something really fun.

Who knows what this summer will bring; I'm excited to find out

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats on moving to a new Salon! That will be good! IT's about time you updated your blog! Oh congrats on getting a new t.v. and couch as well! You will love your big screen we have one and I love IT!! =)I can't wait to see you and go to lunch it's been a long time! YAY!!

Elizabeth R said...

I will kick your ass for not telling me about moving salons! Im proud of you for making the change.. I hope it is everything you want and need and no more thieves and slackers! :) Love you!

KALIE said...

Ok you're site nearly made me cry with the "baby of mine" song. Thanks for the tear jerker.
I'm glad you finally posted something it's about damn time.
BIG HUGS!