Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Today is the day!

Today is the day and the wedding is finally here. I can't believe my baby sister is tying to knot!! Here I sit, with all my hair supplies set up, turned on and organized for any complication that will arise. I can't help but wonder what is going through her mind at this very moment. She is at the nail salon getting her nails filled and toenails painted. I'm sure she is worried about the flowers, cake, guests showing up on time. Will my nephew actually make it down the aisle without screaming or holding up the rest of the line. Or maybe she is thinking about how beautiful she feels in that gorgeous white dress. The dress she will wear when she vows to love, honor and cherish. Is she thinking of her wedding ring. The ring she will wear for the rest of her life, showing her loyalty and committment to everyone she comes across. She might be thinking of Kelly. The man she has chosen to spend the future with...buying a house, having kids and then having grandkids. Is she thinking of the way he looks at her when he realizes he's completely head over heels for her.

I'm sure all of those things are running through her mind. I know they are running through my mind. I'm her older sister, I can't help but worry about her and hope that she makes the right choices in her life. And I believe she is. She is in love and has found her everlasting companion. I couldn't be more happy for her. My baby sister is about to walk down the aisle; to Kelly's favorite song. She's about to say "I do" and vow to love, honor and cherish. She is about to be kissed by her soulmate to complete the moment. She will love and be loved.

I'm overjoyed with happiness today. Today is about Andee and Kelly. Forget the sorrows in my life, the stress at work, the loss of friends. Today is a celebration of love between my sister and my future brother-in-law.

Today is a special day. A toast to Andee and Kelly. Good luck in all you do. Marriage can be tough, but if you are open-minded and willing to cooperate it will be such a wonderful adventure. I love you both and I can't wait to see you walk down the aisle as husband and wife.

4 comments:

Camille said...

Erica...cute post. Quick question. I hope you get this today or tomorrow. I was just wondering if you have that sheet that we all filled out at Andee's bridal shower of advice? I am throwing one tomorrow (Friday 30th) and was trying to find it. Let me know. Call or email me!

Andee said...

I just want everyone to know that the only time I cried on my wedding day was after reading this blog. Erica will do that to me! It was beautifully written and I love you Red!

Amanda said...

YAY I found you.....so I saw your sisters blogs and they are still cute as ever and Kalie boy is adorable! I tried to look at Amanda Faraone (eyre) blog but it is private, so if you don't mind asking Andee to let her know that I am on here and to visit it! It would be good to see her!! So what is new? YOur blog is CUTE! I love you wedding pic! Where did you guys get married at? Your dogs are ADORABLE as well! Bye for now!

Amanda said...

Thanks girly for giving Amanda Eyre our blog! Your the best! How are things going! Haven't heard from ya in a while?! =)