Tuesday, April 22, 2008

25 down...so many more to go!

I am officially 26. My birthday was this past Sunday (4/20) and I celebrated all day with friends and family. First I had breakfast with Chandra and Caper while they were in town. (Thank you again Chandra. It was so great to see you and catch up!) I met up with some of our friends for an afternoon movie. Some of our friends bailed, which is okay, the movie selection wasn't the best. Thank you Elizabeth for sticking through the lame martial arts movie. Then my family took me out to dinner at one of my favorite steak houses and then back to the house for cherry pie!!! It was a cloudy, windy and a little rainy all day, but we did have a few peeks of the sun which was nice.

Since my actual birthday was jam packed with family/friend goodness, Joe took Monday off to spend alone with me. I was spoiled all day!!! Most of you know that Joe and I hardly ever get time together, so this was his birthday present for me. Uninterrupted time. Our phones were off...for most of the day!!!

Here are a few pictures from our day together. We took the dogs for a walk - the weather was GORGEOUS!!!





Then Joe and I got ice cream and went to the Aquarium in Sandy. We had never been there before; it was really neat. Its small, but I guess there is "hope" for making a bigger one downtown.






Then of course Joe and I had an RDM day! (Random Disney Movie day!) He actually won this time. I found The Apple Dumpling Gang - 1975 and he beat me with Darby O'Gill and the Little People - 1959. Dang it!! Plus he found a used copy of Dumbo, which is 1941. I didn't stand a chance!
The day was perfect! Plus we bought lots of sushi and watched the Jazz beat the Rockets in game 2. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration. I feel Optimistic Erica making a comeback!!!
Thank you everyone for making my birthday special. All the texts, call, cards and gifts were very much appreciated. I have the best circle of family and friends. I love you all!!!

4 comments:

Reese said...

I am in love with Optimistic Erica...I could use you just about every day in my life! Happy (late) birthday! I can give you a hug IN PERSON in about a week, yeah!! Glad you enjoyed the day and some time alone with your sweetie.

J and K Sabey said...

You guys rock! I miss you both, but I miss Erica a little more...sorry Joe.

J and K Sabey said...

Oh yeah...happy late bday Erica, I hope is was a good one! Enjoy 26, you will only have it for one year.

Elizabeth R said...

Im glad you had a good day.. and Im glad we suffered together through the Chinaman movie. :) Love you!