Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good-bye Brett Farve!

I'm sure most of you have heard that Brett Farve has announced his retirement. As most of you know, I've been a Packers fan since their Superbowl loss in 1998! My whole family was cheering for the Broncos and I felt bad for Green Bay...so I started cheering for them and never stopped. 10 years of cheering!! (Even through their embarrassing seasons) But last season and the end of the season before have been awesome for the Pack. I've been excited to watch them play and stay updated with team changes. Even though I was extremely disappointed with the end of this past season, I am still a loyal fan.

This morning I was told by 7 different people; via email, texts and phone calls, but I still had to log on to Packers.com & ESPN.com to find out for sure. And sure enough, its true. Brett Farve will not be returning to Lambeau Field as a quaterback.

What a bummer. Of course I'm not extremely depressed, as some of you apparently thought I would be. But I am slightly disappointed. Farve isn't timeless...it was an inevitable decision. Its just sad to see the legacy end. He broke so many records and will definitely go down in history as one of the best quarterbacks...ever.

I am hopeful though. There was a game last December where they broughy in their back up quarterback (Aaron Rodgers) to play - I believe Farve was slightly injured at the time. But Rodgers showed some possibilites. I am excited to see him play more and to see where he can take the Pack next season. Good luck to him and the all the other Packers. Its going to be a fresh start to a new season and I'll be there watching every game.

I love Brett Farve and I've always been impressed by his committment and passion for the game. It was awesome to watch him lead the Pack. He will be missed.

1 comment:

ciara said...

I thought of you when I read about his retirement, at least he's going out with a great season and loads of records. It's just to bad they didn't make it to the Superbowl that would have topped it off. Still loving my Hair Thanks a ton!!