Monday, February 18, 2008

New Friends!

I just love making new friends! I have this way awesome client that has now become an official friend. There is a difference between clients and friends - I love all my clients because they are loyal, generous and just plain fun. But our relationship doesn't ever leave the salon environment. So basically I only see them when they need a haircut and only hear about things going on in there lives - after the fact. However, there are a great few of my clients that have upgraded our relationship to friends! I see/talk/text them outside of my work place and our conversations reach a whole new level! I actually get to find out their hobbies, likes/dislikes, family history and so much more. Its much better than salon talk...you know like; the weather, recent movies, books...lame, non-personal stuff. To actually learn about their life and how they got to where they are today is so rewarding. My new friend Alex is way cool!! I've been cutting his hair for, wow, like over a year I think?? And I have met his amazing fiance, Hailee. They are getting married on March 1st and I'm lucky enough to get to do her hair and makeup!!! Since I was called for that duty, we have seen each other so much recently. That is where our relationship progressed! I got the chance to introduce them to Joe yesterday. (Alex is a gamer as well, so you can only imagine the sparks that flew) They'll probably get together sometime in the near future and "WOW" it up or something of the gaming sort.

I'm just so excited for new friends. Hopefully we'll get a double date together at some point. I know Joe and I will both be attending the wedding...I, of course, will already be there but Joe told me he wants to tag along. It will be lots of fun and when they get back from the honeymoon we're going to have "Casserole Thursday!" Its already in the works!! Hee hee. Yeah for friends!!!

5 comments:

Reese said...

So cool to catch up on blogspot! It's so fun to hear about what you guys are up to!

Becca, Bryce, T, C, and J said...

I just found your blog on Reese's blog! Yeah!

alex said...

Dude, blog more often Erica. Goodness.

alex said...

1. Link Post: Do a post where you link out to posts or articles that you’ve recently read that you think are great. Why not expose your readers to them? If you’re worried about losing your readers, don’t. Instead you may find that they’ll like you for exposing them to some great new stuff, and they’ll come back to you to see what else you recommend


2. News Post: Similar to the link post, but this covers news about a particular topic. Maybe it’s your industry, or maybe it’s related to a topic that you posted about the previous week. Simply go to your favorite news feed site and search until you find articles that you like


3. Finish The Half Finished Post: If you’re like me, you have a nice selection of half finished posts. Take a look at them and see which may be worth finishing. Or you can do what I once did, and write a post about your half finished posts, giving reasons forwhy you won’t finish them. This actually ended up being a very popular post.


4. Rebuttal / Agreement Post: Read your feeds and see if there’s an article that you feel strongly about. Post your opinion about that topic, using the original post as the starting point, before you know it, you may have some back and forth going between you and the other blog that can be beneficial to both.


5. Analogy Post: Think about your activity that day. How can you relate it to a topic that you cover? For example, today I played soccer in freezing temperatures. Our regular field was unplayable, so we went elsewhere. That field had another group of people on it, with a permit, so we located another field, which worked out great for us. If I were writing a blog on technology issues, I could relate that experience to the need to have redundant backup servers in case of emergencies.


6. Picture Post: Sometimes a picture does say a thousand words. One blogger I know throws a “Caption Me” picture whenever he has Blogger’s Block, this both gives him time to come up with something else, and it involves his audience.


7. Historical Post: If your blog has been around for a while, it’s good practice to throw up a post with links to your best historical posts, these can either be ones that you’re particularly proud of, or the ones that drew in the most traffic (which aren’t always the same posts).


8. Blogging Inspiration Post: Erm, yes, as if you hadn’t guessed that this would be the last one. ;)

ciara said...

So Excited your a blogger!! and your background is so dang cute! I'm adding you to my list, see you tonight.