Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today was supposed to be an ordinary Thursday. I work nights (til 9) and Joe has game night with "the boys." So since its technically "Valentine's Day," I didn't expect anything different. Joe and I had talked about celebrating over the weekend instead, because we'd actually have a night out together. Well, today wasn't an ordinary Thursday. Joe asked to have a late morning at work, so we could sleep in together - our favorite thing. He woke me up at 10:00 and said he was going to shower and go to work...and about 25 minutes later, he woke me up again, with breakfast-in-bed!!! I haven't had breakfast-in-bed for such a long time; it was perfect. He made my favorite - eggs-n-toast. (He cuts the center of a piece of bread and cooks the egg in the hole...its a childhood favorite!)

Unfortunately, shortly after breakfast, he really did have to get up and go to work. But I got up with him and we left the house at the same time. It was a wonderful morning.

Work was slow - mainly because of the weather & the holiday. I told my co-worker, Aaron, since we worked the night shift together, we should be each others Valentine's. Well he took it seriously and bought me a card and cinnamon bears. (You can always win me over with food!!) And then we went to dinner after we closed up. It was an amazing day. Doted upon by two fabulous guys...couldn't ask for anything more. Aaron, I hope next year you have a valentine of your own. He'll be a lucky guy!! :)

Now I'm about ready to go to bed and Joe is telling me, he put in my favorite "romance" movie that we'll fall asleep to. (It's The American President, by the way.) Something about that movie just makes me want to fall in love all over again. Joe is my President Shepard.

Well good night friends - and I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Hope you spent it with someone special. Love to all - ERICA

2 comments:

chandra said...

Hey you two! So glad to see you on blogspot. Your page is adorable. Miss you guys and love you both.
Dee

Elizabeth R said...

Aww youre so cute! Sounds like the day was fabulous...love ya!