Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A few more pictures of the salon

I was so bad at capturing the progression of my studio makeover! I've been on a tight schedule to get it done, so I started forgetting little things, like taking pictures of each stage. The pictures from my last post were mainly the before pictures and the painting stage. Well here is the flooring stage. And of course I don't have a final flooring stage picture, but I open the salon tomorrow and will be taking plenty of pictures now that its mostly completed. My mom & stepdad did crown molding, baseboards & a nice corner wood pieces that separates the colored walls. My stepdad also re-did the frame around my station mirror and we gave the station drawers new hardware. Not to mention the fact that I've slowly started decorating. The big mirror is hung, my clock spray-painted and installed, curtain rod is up and I'm just about to iron my curtain for tomorrow. My stepmom gave me this beautiful chandelier for my ceiling. (Not of functioning light, but great decoration!!) I fashioned it a bit; the chain & skeleton of the chandelier were silver and I wanted it to be gold. I took off all the crystals and gave it a good cover with some brass spray paint and put it back together! It fits in the room so nicely. Plus I got a great deal on some 'waiting' chairs, Joe refinished a table to put in between them and my sister Kalie made me 2 pillows to put on the chairs.

I still would like to get a cabinet to hold my color needs & back stock items and possibly a fridge for convenience. I have NO decorations on the walls as of yet and I'm really on the fence about what to do. I don't want to clutter the space...so I'll have to see as the weeks go by.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow night after opening day. Again sorry I've slacked on updating pictures as the salon developed. But here are the floor pictures...

You can tell we weren't very 'careful' when painting. 
Oh well, I knew I wanted to rip it up anyway.



This is what was underneath. It was a peachy, industrial tile. 
It had  MANY hair dye spills!! Someone before wasn't very careful!

Unfortunately we uncovered some mold. (If you hadn't seen  my photo-blog post)
We had to call in a plumber and the landlord had to deal with it. 
Luckily it only set us back 2 days.

Okay this is the only picture I have so far of the new floor. 
I went cheap and bought vinyl/laminate flooring and Joe laid a few squares 
down to see how it would look. I honestly think its my favorite part of the salon. 
I can't wait to show you a picture of the finished look.

No comments: