Monday, December 6, 2010

Cookie party!

Joe and I were invited to a "couples" dinner party this past Saturday. Unfortunately it was the same night as Joe's work Christmas party...ugh! I was so torn! Luckily Joe's party started at 5 and ended at 7, and the dinner party started until 6. So we only missed the "dinner" part of the party, and made it in time for the activity.

It turned out to be a great night, even though we missed the important part. My friend Lynda, the host, bought a few dozen sugar cookies from a local bakery and we all brought toppings to decorate them with. Sounds a little silly with a bunch of adults...Joe and I were the youngest couple, by almost 12 years...but it really was fun! Lynda purchased all "Christmas" shapes and colored frostings. We all brought candies, sprinkles and sparkles to add to them. We all sat at a round table, brainstormed decorating ideas, talked, talked and talked!!!

Here are a few pictures:


The top 2 are Joe's. He was more in to visiting, than decorating.

MY BUNCH!!

My OCD kicked in big time. I spent about 10 minutes on each cookie...I think I decorated the most too. Everyone had had enough after about 3 or 4 cookies, but I just kept going! And of course we were all in a sugar coma. Working with sweets, you just HAVE to dabble and taste everything!!!

We ended up visiting until almost midnight. Lynda & Paul are such great friends and getting to know their other friends, was a lot of fun. There were stories, jokes and so much laughter!! Great way to kick off the Christmas party season!

I can't wait for more holiday get-togethers!! I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!

3 comments:

Andee said...

HECK YES Cookie Party!! I think that would be so much fun! Who doesn't like cookies, sugar and good friends? I'm so excited to share the holidays with you guys! We'll have so much fun as long as we're together, right?! *Tear!

Joylybean said...

Wow - I can't believe that you sat there and made the holly berries and leaves out of sprinkels... OCD? I say DEFINITELY!!! You're cookies were super cute though!

Aim said...

That is such a cute idea!