Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blog much?

Looking at my Blog Archives, I'm noticing that this post marks my 23rd pots in 2010.

What's weird, is that in 2009, I wrote 45 posts and in 2008, 40 posts.

WHAT HAPPENED?!?!

2010, by far has been more exciting than '09 or '08, but for some reason I hadn't felt the need to blog about it.

This year is drawing to a close and I'm finding myself reflecting over everything I chose not to mention. I did decide to send out Christmas cards this year, nixing the year synopsis. Its just photos - simple, ya know. But looking over the last year and all the things we've done, I really didn't take time to document everything. I did recollect each vacation/trip we went on, photography has become a big hobby this year and I did post about holidays.... but what else?

Joe's still with Carson Elevator; hit his 5 year mark at the first of December. We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary in October - hence the California trip. I'm going to mark 2 years of management January 2nd, 2011 and 5 years with Smart Style this March. We still live in "Villa de Nelda" or "The Blackstroms." We've been here 2 years and love it - we're looking forward to many 'upgrade' projects next year. This house needs some fixing up! Andee & Kelly had their twins and I can't get enough of them. Shopping for them, playing, helping change diapers, feeding or getting them ready for bed. I just love having them right upstairs. Lets see, Joe bought his '87 Chevy truck earlier this year...and that's been fun. Spent more money fixing it up than we originally paid for it. Yay...not! I didn't keep up with my New Year's resolution to read more. I made it to April and gave up on the extra free time. I just don't have it anymore - Sorry C! I'm still watching my nephew Jesse on Mondays (Most months, just one Monday a month) but we have fun. Endless cartoons, transformer toys, lunch with "Eliz-bit" and shopping at the blue store. He cracks me up and I enjoy my one-on-one time with him.

Okay, well that sums up all the things I didn't post about.

I can't believe what a disappointing "blog" year it has been. Oh well, I guess thats why my obsession with Facebook has increased. The instant connection, conversations and jokes are far more entertaining I guess.

I have a resolution for 2011 already - BLOG MORE!

Happy Holidays everyone - and thank you for continuing to blog...even though I've been lacking..I do love reading though!!!

Much love.

No comments: