Sunday, October 17, 2010

Junkyard Treasures

More amateur photos!!! We're still on vacation, but yesterday was a day spent with Joe's parents outside Rosamond, CA. Which...is the middle of nowhere. About 15 outside of Lancaster/Palmdale...which is 55 minutes North of Burbank....which is 35 miles North of Long Beach. Basically, we flew into the wrong airport. We should have flown into Burbank - would've saved us 30+ mins of driving. Ugh - it was awful.

Anyway, Joe's dad is living on a 5 acre lot that used to be COVERED in junk. Okay, well it still is, but they are in the process of cleaning everything & clearing it all out. They are making great head-way because you can actually walk around the yard without tripping or having to climb up something.

It was hot, Joe was forced to lay sod with his dad - on HIS vacation - and I tried my hardest to entertain myself. So, I grabbed my little "point & shoot" Nikon Coolpix camera and went on a treasure hunt. It was amazing to stumble across so many random things. Here are some photos of my "treasures." Some editing has been done, but I'm still on vacation and without "serious" editing time, so they'll do for now. But enjoy - I sure had a good time.

**side note: These items were not "posed." They were photographed exactly how they were found.

























3 comments:

Joylybean said...

Those are fun pictures! I don't take time often enough to just shoot the random things in life. You captured some intersting angles and items. Hope you had a great vacation/anniversary!

Mark and Patty of Crystal Pyramid Productions in San Diego said...

Good eye! I just "tripped" on your blog by clicking on the "Next" button on MY blog ("A Diary Left Open.") Cool.

JC said...

Wonderful treasures!