Monday, June 7, 2010

Amatuer photo shoot - take 2

I guess photography might become a hobby of mine. If that's the case - I'm pretty sure I need to invest in my own camera. Borrowing my dads is becoming an issue.

I did a photo shoot with my sister Andee, when she was 35 weeks pregnant with my twin nieces. She looked incredible for having 2 babies in there - only gaining about 30lbs. I dolled her up with makeup and a cute hair style and off to Murray Park we went. The pictures turned out awesome and I hope Andee was pleased.

Now that my nieces are here - and uber small, I thought I'd bring out my inner photographer once more and capture their "cuteness." After my reluctant father gave me permission, I borrowed his camera for the shoot. Man, I have a lot to learn - little babies are SO HARD to capture! Wiggling, crying AND peeing all over the place!!

However, lessons learned and hopefully my nieces won't grow up with a grudge...I tortured them...just a little.

**Oh and a little shout out to my dear friend Elizabeth for being my assistant. She is the one to credit for the tutu pictures. (She was the best at "posing/positioning!!") Elizabeth - you're amazing!!

I know Andee is going to post them as well, so sorry for repeats, but here is a taste. Enjoy.


Avie Joy Hellstrom










Ella Rae Hellstrom







6 comments:

Joylybean said...

Nice pics! Those turned out so cute!! Your nieces will grow up like mine - constant flashing all around. I'm surprised that mine didn't go blind :)

Reese said...

YES...you might have a knack for photography for sure. Love the first pic of each girl. Gosh they are cute. Their toes are adorable!!! Good job!

Heather said...

Looking good girl! You are well on your way! Did you ever post the maternity ones? I'd love to see them.

Hall Family of 5 said...

Erica, you did a great job they are so cute. Tell Andee congrats that is so exciting. You will get to learn fist hand what being a mother is all about sharing the same house and all. CONGRATS!!

Andee said...

I'm not going to lie.. it was really hard allowing you to do this with them crying. But the tutu pictures make me tear up each time I see them! Thank you for taking these!

I can't wait to put them in the nursery!

KALIE said...

Erica, you did such a good job! It's not hard to take gorgeous pictures of gorgeous girls but you really do have a talent! I love my Ella and Avie girls