Sunday, March 14, 2010

NYC

I'm freaking out man - I leave for New York in 72 hours!!

This will be my first visit to the infamous city and I couldn't be more excited! I'm tagging along with my parents; we're going for my sister Jessica's Drill National competition. The dance competition is all day on Saturday the 20th. But we are surrounding ourselves with absolute chaos on Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

First off, we leave Wednesday night - on the red eye! We arrive in NYC at 6am with a tour bus waiting for us!!! We won't be able to check into our hotel until late Thursday afternoon, so basically I will either need to sleep before the flight or during, because if not, we'll all be pulling a 24+ hour day!!

We are signed up for 2 broadway plays - Momma Mia AND Wicked - for real? How lucky am I? Then we have a "meet and greet" with the Radio City Rockettes and get a tour of Radio City Music Hall. We're going to the top of Rockefeller Center and then a trip to the Museum of Modern Art. PLUS we are staying in a hotel right in TIME SQUARE!!!

Oh my gosh I'm a complete spaz. I'm in complete denial that it is actually happening this week. Its going to be a rough first day, but considering this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'll keep the whining to myself. ;)

I can't wait to post pictures and document the trip. I hope it will be amazing!!

Only 3 more days!!! ......... I feel like singing the Jay-Z and Alicia Keys song, "Empire State of Mind"

"New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothin' you can't do
Now you're in New York
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you
Let's hear it for New York, New York,
New York"

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

wow! What a schedule!! Have an amazing time!!!

Amanda said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I hope that you have a great time and get some rest on the flight. Take lots of pictures, I can't wait to hear about it!

Chandy Colton said...

I am SO JEALOUS!!! I have been wanting to go there forever. I hope you have fun, sounds like a busy schedule but you will have so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures! Wish Jess LUCK from me!

KALIE said...

Hmmm..when will you sleep? I will miss you, HAVE FUN!