Monday, July 6, 2009

June is over...Wait, what???

I can't believe it has been 4 weeks since my last blog. That is so unlike me. I'm a weekly blogger. I guess I felt nothing in my life was "blog worthy." Well I'll play a little catch up.

June...well let's see. I worked. Changes were made at work that has required some adjustments. Um, Father's Day came around. Celebrated with my dad and family. Then the last weekend in June my family went camping up at Strawberry. My first camp out of the year. We had a good time, lots of card games and Scrabble. I got dirty, didn't shower for 2 days and was eaten alive by mosquitoes. (Not my idea of a good time, but my sisters made it fun!!)

Okay what a good catch up. That small paragraph was my life in June. See now why I didn't blog?

Now we're in July and so many things have happened that are blog worthy. First, my 13 yr old niece, Kelsey. Unfortunately she got real sick last week and is currently in the PICU up at Primary Children's Hospital. She is progressing, thank heavens. She was put in a medically induced coma last Friday so they could do some extreme blood work and she'll stay in that state for a few more days. I was able to go up and see her with my sisters and parents yesterday. It was so hard to see that poor girl surrounded by all this intense machinery and tubes coming out of everywhere. I just felt so helpless. I made her a silly fleece blanket in her favorite color, pink. It seems like my efforts to make her feel comfortable are useless, since she's in a coma, but it sure looks warm and comfy on her lap.

Read more about her condition on my sister-in-laws blog. They have been posting updates about her progress and information about what happened as well. Please read. They can explain it better than I ever could. www.twogetherfourever.blogspot.com

We are praying for her and trying to help Chad and Amanda out as much as possible. She's a sweet little angel that doesn't deserve this heartache. I can only hope things get better and she won't be in that dreaded hospital much longer. She's got a long road ahead of her.

Of course Independence Day was last weekend. Friday night my sister Jessica, performed at the Real Salt Lake game with her drill team. So we all got to watch the soccer game, awesome half-time events, David Osmond sing and the fireworks show. I didn't watch much of the fireworks, because Kalie and I were too busy watching this little guy, my newphew Jesse.

Mouth open and everything. Man he's cute!!!

Saturday I had to work for a little bit, but I met up with my Dad & Nancy afterwards to go to the South Towne/Sandy annual parade. Lots of candy and water guns. Pretty fun. Then we had dinner together and separated to go to different firework events. Joe and I met up with our friends Alex & Haliee and saw the West Jordan show. A little sad and disappointing. The show started 15 minutes late and only lasted a short 13 minutes. Kind of a bummer, but good conversation took away from the disappointment.

Then yesterday was full of excitement. Joe and I had breakfast with Ciara, Mitch and their adorable little Evie. So nice to catch-up and laugh together. We need to do that more often C!! Then it was up to the hospital to spend some time with Kelsey and her parents. After bawling my eyes out, it was time to head back home and prep for a get together I was planning with more friends. Joe cleaned up the backyard deck and I bought party lights!!! We had a good time.

So there it is. Today is the 6th of July and already more excited than June. We have a trip down to Pine Valley with the Snow fam over the 24th weekend. We're gonna do family photos, so the WHOLE Snow Clan is going down. Kalie & Jesse and Robyn & Jarron. We're excited to have their families enjoy our traditions.

Hopefully more blogs to come. Come on Elizabeth, hop on my band wagon!!

2 comments:

Reese said...

Yes, I have been feeling a void in my life without your updates. I'm so sorry about your niece...I hope things improve.

We will be in PV over the 24th!!! Actually all of my sibs (minus our husbands) will be there. It will be fun to see your fam!! I am actually going to be in Utah for two weeks starting on the 15th.

Your life is exciting...stop saying that!! Keep the updates coming!

Miss Meghann said...

Should have stayed for the Sandy City fireworks, we have gone every year for about 8 years and I have never been disappointed. I've heard all kinds of crappy stuff about the West Jordan ones. Plus- the Sandy ones are synched to music! :)Keep that in mind next year! :) I MISS YOU! <3 Meg