Saturday, April 24, 2010

Birthday!

Tuesday, April 20th was my 28th birthday.

I knew I was an adult when I almost forgot about it.

It turned out to be a beautiful day (high 70's) and the day before the rainstorms!!

Oddly enough, Joe made me a dentist appointment for that morning - eek - I hadn't been to the dentist since before we were married!! Almost 5 years!!

However - ONLY 1 CAVITY! It hasn't even been causing me pain, but never the less, I scheduled a filling appointment in 2 weeks.

After my cleaning visit, I got to participate in a contest at my old beauty school!! I was asked to judge a color/cut contest among the students. It was so fun being back in the school environment - this time on the "professional" side. Plus I got to see my 2 favorite instructors AND they took me out to lunch right after!

Then I came home to a couple of mean hours of Batman Lego playing with my "semi bed-rest" preggo sister. We are a little obsessed with that game lately!!

I got a surprise visit from my mom & nephew. They brought me balloons and cake...my nephew was asleep, but woke up for a short time, just to sing me Happy Birthday. :) I'm so lucky!

The evening came by with dinner with my sisters and fantastic Kohl's shopping! Turned out that turning 28 wasn't so bad!!

Joe unfortunately had work, then school, then the first spring softball game that day, so I didn't get to see him until 10:30 that night! However I did get plenty of phone calls and texts from him and we get to celebrate on Sunday together.

I received so many texts and an overwhelming amount of love on Facebook this year. Its humbling to know how many people out there care. I'm so lucky to have been touched by so many friends and family members. Its makes all the efforts worth it.

Love to all - I'm a happy 28 year old! (If my birthday is like this every year - bring on 30!!....well maybe.)

1 comment:

mooresclan said...

Happy Birthday. I am sorry I didn't say so sooner. I haven't been on facebook for a while. I am glad it was such a good day.